Recent content by dopaminer

1. D

Taking Back Control

60 Days PMO / 6 -> 0 Days P Free / 4 Days MO Free After my near relapse last week I've been generally feeling a bit better this week. That is until today, and I fell into an instagram trap again. While it didn't lead me to seek out "actual" P, I did find myself digging through and searching for...
  2. D

Taking Back Control

Thanks for the support gang. I've definitely been getting down on myself because of the slip up - and then another slip-up this morning with an MO (so soon after the last one), but I think I need to go back to basics a bit and remind myself why I'm doing this (because P has no value and my...
  3. D

Taking Back Control

54 Days PMO Free / 0 Days P free / 2 Days MO free Well, today is the first day I got dangerously close to relapsing. I still have avoided PMO, but I have been triggered a lot recently. Yesterday I watched a movie on TV which unexpectedly had a couple of sex scenes which really tripped me up...
  4. D

Taking Back Control

Well, I've had a borderline MO session that wasn't quite a relapse but could have been. I didn't look at any P or even anything remotely related to P (no screens involved at all), but I did MO this morning and it included some fantasizing about being home with my wife. My return trip plans have...
  5. D

Taking Back Control

45 Days: Still completely P-free, although I did MO earlier this week - and this was the first time after MOing that I didn't feel great about it. I still focused entirely on the physical sensation, but I think I felt a little bit of the chaser effect and I didn't really like the state of mind...
  6. D

Taking Back Control

41 Days: I'm happy to report that I'm still PMO free after almost 6 weeks, although I did MO once since my last posting. I again focused on the physical sensation, avoided any kind of fantasizing, and felt good about it. I've noticed that the urges have started to gradually lessen up. I'm not...
  7. D

Taking Back Control

34 Days: Still PMO free, but that down-swing slump is still here. The backpacking trip was two weeks ago and was so great, but I really fell into a slump afterwards. I've been slowly feeling myself climb back out of that, but it's been rough. I've got another trip planned for next weekend which...
  8. D

Taking Back Control

30 Days: I still have been feeling a bit down, but things seem to be looking up. Hopefully it was just a temporary funk, and not something that sticks around for much longer. I've noticed my urges to watch P have really started to increase. Even tiny triggers on the internet and on TV have...
  9. D

Taking Back Control

Well, I broke the light rule that I made for myself. Yesterday (day 27) I MOd only 11 days after the last time I had done it - rather than the 14 in my rule. I did still manage to avoid P and fantasy entirely, and managed to MO focusing only on the physical sensation. I still think my feeling...
  10. D

Taking Back Control

26 Days: Been feeling down the past few days, but I think I'm coming out of that downswing. Starting to feel a bit better, and managing to maintain more focus on the things I want to do. Have been feeling urges pretty strongly, but again - my libido is really low. So it seems counter-intuitive...
  11. D

Taking Back Control

Days 23 & 24 (Yesterday & Today): I've been feeling really out of it the past couple of days. My sleep has been a little all over the place, and I've just been feeling low. Not sure if this is a part of a flatline, a downswing after a truly amazing trip last weekend, or more intense feelings of...
  12. D

1000 mile journeys begins with 1 step

This is such a great way to think about it, and comparing it to saving money also almost makes it feel easier. It's like, hey - I can do this other slightly painful thing of sacrificing a bit of my hard-earned cash every month, but I know it'll be great it the future when I can buy a stereo or a...
  13. D

What you give is what you get (I went 580 days. Relapsed. Finally back on track.

Hey man, good to hear that you're back on the P-free train even after a relapse (it happens to all of us)! It sounds like you've got a lot of stresses right now, what with your bachelor's thesis, the pressure of trying to decide a potentially lifelong career, a good friend moving away, the...
  14. D

Taking Back Control

21 Days: Hard to believe I've already made it to 3 weeks entirely PMO free, with only one time P-free MO'ing! I definitely have noticed that the more I get myself out of the house and doing things, the less I feel any kind of urges or impulse or desire to PMO. I think it's a combination of...
  15. D

Taking Back Control

16 Days: Today was the first time I have ever, in my life, MO'd without P or any kind of fantasy. I don't consider this a relapse because it was something I made a conscious decision to try, and the entire thing felt very natural and I didn't feel like I was pushing myself or racing to O. I...