Aurelius

I have relapsed several times due to a lack of engagement in my life. Often there are too many things happening at once, large projects and large meetings... what is it all for? Bah, might as well distract myself for a while. I've always came out ahead. Except I only come out ahead in the areas others can see, my inner game is a wreck. So I'm joining this forum to throw my hat in the ring among all of you, with you, and in support of each other.

Humbly,
A

Berens

Hi, if you begin to reboot you must be prepare for that you will relapse some times because you dont have an experience to avoid urges, setting a goal on a counter to 1 year is not good idea because you will desmotivate yourself fast, i have get a depression for that reason, it will be better to you if you mark small goals that you believe in archieving them, like no PMO for next 24 hours. Day by day you will be archieving more and more days without relapsing. You have got my support, write here all experiences you notice and your small archieves and benefits. Write about your problems. You should write about yourself more too. How old are you, for how many years are you addicted, do you have a girlfriend? You are saying that you escape stressful moments with PMO right? Maybe thats your biggest problem.

Aurelius

Thanks for the reply. For me my problem with relapsing was that I set the goal too low. I would accomplish the goal and then say "I can do that" and go back to PMO knowing I had some power over it. That is the illusion. So, can I quit? Yes, but I feel that I need to replace my distraction activity with a productive activity, and I think that will take a year. I'm getting leverage by putting a year up there, I'll make it and I'll document what happens along the way.

I do understand the idea of setting up small victories first, but for me, and perhaps only for me, small victories demotivate me or decrease my attention to the problem.