Goals/Motivation

Junkie_xl

I just curious does anybody have any goals or ambitions that they plan on achieving that they feel like PMO'ing is preventing them from achieving. I know this isn't really related to PIED or anything I just want to know what people think that PMO is holding them back from

aviator

First time poster, glad I found this site. Will be posting a journal up soon as im on day 3. I honestly think that PMO has held me back from being successful in the dating world. I truly feel (and part of this is probably also with faith, I'm a Christian), that I need to be free from this so I can be a better boyfriend, husband, father, etc. This is the first step to that and I'm glad I started.

jnv

I think, although I'm not 100% sure that my heavy PMO addiction detered me from having the same amount of motivation as people around me. For example I've had a social anxiety since I was 12-13 (when I started PMO). Dating-wise, what literally happened through my mind at the time was that PMO could provide instant and easy pleasure whenever I wanted, so why bother making the effort of getting a GF and this feeling became worse and worse as time passed and I needed to boost my confidence like crazy (still during PMO time) during my twenties to get a GF.

It can be a placebo effect or whatever I don't care, but I really can feel that I'm much more confident and motivation now than before I stopped heavy PMO 3 months ago and I'm doing many more productive things everyday.

Junkie_xl

@aviator I can understand how you feel PMO has held you back from being successful in the dating world for a number of reasons. Also I understand with you being a Christian that it would bother you spiritually (lust) but its definitely the first step in being a better whatever you end up BF, husband it'll make it less stressful.

@jnv Yeah dude that instant pleasure that PMOing gives you no other woman can offer you that so I can why you didn't think you needed a GF because honestly they cant compete with PMO period. At the same time having a girlfriend can offer you things that PMO cannot. The fact that you said youre being more productive now is definitely a help keep it up man.