2 years no P and 90 days no O. still PIED

bzarfas

Bibbity said:
Just for reference my husband has low T and is still able to get successful erections. T levels may affect desire for sex but I don't think it effects erections.
what are you defining as "low T"

that information I bolded is incorrect, but lots of things also affect morning wood, not just T levels.

Bibbity

According to an article posted on YBOP T-levels do not affect erections.  Castrated monkeys were still able to get erections.

I am in Canada so the levels were in the high 300's....380 I believe?  I will double check.  When my husband looked at the chart it was normal for an 80 year old man :(  His lack of morning wood prompted him to get them checked.  He is working on it!!  We still have sex 4 X a week on average.

bzarfas

Bibbity said:
According to an article posted on YBOP T-levels do not affect erections.  Castrated monkeys were still able to get erections.

I am in Canada so the levels were in the high 300's....380 I believe?  I will double check.  When my husband looked at the chart it was normal for an 80 year old man :(  His lack of morning wood prompted him to get them checked.  He is working on it!!  We still have sex 4 X a week on average.

T levels do affect erections, but 300-380 seems low: but total testosterone has different effects caused on many things.

What is his T/E ratio?(his e2/estradiol)

the scale for testosterone doesn't change where you are, the scale is like, 240-950ng/dl
You want a estradiol in the range of 20-40 and  a T/E ratio of 35-50.

so total testosterone of 650 and estraidiol of 20 is ~32
lower estradiol means lower T levels will  work great
but that's just the science.

Bibbity

In Canada it's measured as nmol/L. So he got 12.5.  I translated it for you!  The scale is 8.4-28.8 nmol/L. Free T is measured pmol/L and he got 25.1 in a scale of 31-94pmol/L so this was flagged as low.

bzarfas

Mart71 said:
bzarfas said:
[...]
No having morning wood(MW) is a sign that this isnt mental, but health related
[...]

If I may ask, do you have a source for that claim?
yes. but why?
and I asked what your husbands e2(estradiol) was, not the free T

I wonder what the OPs values are?
I'm not sure why you are talking about your husband, from what you say, it doesn't  sound like he has any issues yet about sex(.

You noted your husbands Testosterone level and told me it CAN"T BE LOW WE HAVE THE SEX LOTS,  yet he has no morning wood....
That's canary in the coal mine issue,
Several studies have shown that when testosterone falls far enough, you are likely going to lose and/or greatly diminish the number of your morning erections. That doesn't necessarily mean that you won't still be able to "get it up" during the day, however.  The reason is that a normal erection is achieved through a different pathway involving the senses of touch, sound and sight.

the lack of morning wood, ie  oxygenation, researchers have noted that "fibrosis" sets in, which means a hardening and aging of the structures can lead to tissue turning fibrous)

Bibbity

I'm not sure why you are talking about your husband, from what you say, it doesn't  sound like he has any issues yet about sex(.

I thought it was obvious why I mentioned it but basically I wanted to give an example of someone WITH low T who CAN have successful erections.  The OP is not getting successful erections and it was alluded to that it could be low T.

The following responses were to questions directed at me  :)

Good luck OP!

bzarfas

Bibbity said:

I thought it was obvious why I mentioned it but basically I wanted to give an example of someone WITH low T who CAN have successful erections.  The OP is not getting successful erections and it was alluded to that it could be low T.

The following responses were to questions directed at me  :)

Good luck OP!

Yes, but I mentioned what is more important that level of testosterone(the Test/est-ratio) and I explained to you, how your hubbys lack of morning wood is a sign of low T and I explained why that can lead to be things(fibrous)
but you made a point concerning the OP, he keeps saying he is "healthy? yet we don't know any numbers to corroborate that corroborate assertion.
I'd think based on symptoms, your husband might need TRT, or maybe to just lose weight(what's his BMI)(he needs MW) and original needs some bloodwork done, seeing as 2 years of NO P havent done much for him.

Goldy Brar

Hi buddy,it's sad to hear that you have not recovered.During your course of recovery when did you started  having sex and what was your number per week?