From Sleeping with 2 men a night, to being celibate for 6 months and counting!!

ericbenet1

Hey,

I'm a 25 year old gay man.  I have had 196 sexual partners and was addicted to sex.  When I caught herpes my addiction got worse and at my lowest point I was sleeping with 2 men a night.  Thankfully I am not H.I.V positive even though I deserve it. Anyways, I have been celibate since November 24th 2015 and it is actually a miracle. 

Counselling definitely helped but I would say the two books that I read that helped the most were 'A Spiritual Guide to Battling Sex Addiction' and 'Out the Shadows: Understanding Sexual Addiction'.  I recommend those two books to any1 who wants to truly understand and beat their addiction.

Love you all and please pray that I continue my road to recovery.  God bless you all!!! 

happysad

great job eric!

That's a very impressive turn!

I didn't have an orgasm this year, which is 4 months and counting. A lot of my friends try to tell me how unhealthy it is, or that it is downright impossible due to the blue-balls syndrome which proves people will believe any pseudo-science as an excuse from being strong willed about any of this.

Good luck in your progress! Please write more about how you feel in such contrast to your previous way of life!

ilovemyhand

Congratulations!

I have two question: 1) how long do you plan on being celibate? and 2) do you think a committed relationship could be a step in the right direction?

Good luck in dealing with your addiction!

Loser21

Oh ok I think by keeping one gender your identity will still be safe and it might be easier for people to relate to you if you picked a gender. Either way I guess congrats on being celibate after what you've been through. Hopefully you find someone to settle down with.