Yourbrainrebalanced down

M

Mart71

It was still working for me yesterday afternoon (European time), but started to stall in the evening. Sometimes I get server error messages. I guess "The Underdog" has been contacted by the hosting company or one of the members with his e-mail, since afaik he is "semi-retired" and might not be checking in every day.

Yeah it was working intermittently for me yesterday, too, and every now an then I'll get through to the home page but no further. I get server errors and "resource limit reached"... there must be too many wankers trying to log on :)

I hope it returns to normal... I'm on Day 14 and could really do with positing in my journal!!

fugu

Staff member
Yeah I'm a mod over there and I'm not exactly sure what is going on. I'm not in the loop at all with emails for site maintenance or anything. I'm sure the Underdog will be on it soon!

Thanks for posting this. I am at day 18 and really needed to post but haven't been able to get to the site for two days now (I live in USA/Indiana).

Could be a "DOS attack" which is when a stoopid unleashes thousands of server requests and overloads the site, and you get the errors we are now seeing.

picats3141

Yep, I'm having the same problems; it either says that the resource limit is reached, or the server is busy  :p I had some major urges today, and I need to write a bit on my journal...

Gabe Deem

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
If you guys have any of the members info from YBR tell them they can vent or ask questions here until it's back up. I know how bad it can feel to have no one to talk to about this. We're all in this together.

We have contacted Underdog and he is doing the best he can to get the site back up.

Stay strong @picats3141 and write about it here and paste it there when it's back or something!

Much love

Gabe Deem said:
If you guys have any of the members info from YBR tell them they can vent or ask questions here until it's back up. I know how bad it can feel to have no one to talk to about this. We're all in this together.

We have contacted Underdog and he is doing the best he can to get the site back up.

Stay strong @picats3141 and write about it here and paste it there when it's back or something!

Much love

Great, thanks Gabe.

M

Mart71

It sometimes "hangs" for me, but usually loads after a short while.

Not as bad as all the complete breakdowns from a few days ago.