Search results

1. D

Taking Back Control

60 Days PMO / 6 -> 0 Days P Free / 4 Days MO Free After my near relapse last week I've been generally feeling a bit better this week. That is until today, and I fell into an instagram trap again. While it didn't lead me to seek out "actual" P, I did find myself digging through and searching for...
  2. D

Taking Back Control

Thanks for the support gang. I've definitely been getting down on myself because of the slip up - and then another slip-up this morning with an MO (so soon after the last one), but I think I need to go back to basics a bit and remind myself why I'm doing this (because P has no value and my...
  3. D

Taking Back Control

54 Days PMO Free / 0 Days P free / 2 Days MO free Well, today is the first day I got dangerously close to relapsing. I still have avoided PMO, but I have been triggered a lot recently. Yesterday I watched a movie on TV which unexpectedly had a couple of sex scenes which really tripped me up...
  4. D

Taking Back Control

Well, I've had a borderline MO session that wasn't quite a relapse but could have been. I didn't look at any P or even anything remotely related to P (no screens involved at all), but I did MO this morning and it included some fantasizing about being home with my wife. My return trip plans have...
  5. D

Taking Back Control

45 Days: Still completely P-free, although I did MO earlier this week - and this was the first time after MOing that I didn't feel great about it. I still focused entirely on the physical sensation, but I think I felt a little bit of the chaser effect and I didn't really like the state of mind...
  6. D

Taking Back Control

41 Days: I'm happy to report that I'm still PMO free after almost 6 weeks, although I did MO once since my last posting. I again focused on the physical sensation, avoided any kind of fantasizing, and felt good about it. I've noticed that the urges have started to gradually lessen up. I'm not...
  7. D

Taking Back Control

34 Days: Still PMO free, but that down-swing slump is still here. The backpacking trip was two weeks ago and was so great, but I really fell into a slump afterwards. I've been slowly feeling myself climb back out of that, but it's been rough. I've got another trip planned for next weekend which...
  8. D

Taking Back Control

30 Days: I still have been feeling a bit down, but things seem to be looking up. Hopefully it was just a temporary funk, and not something that sticks around for much longer. I've noticed my urges to watch P have really started to increase. Even tiny triggers on the internet and on TV have...
  9. D

Taking Back Control

Well, I broke the light rule that I made for myself. Yesterday (day 27) I MOd only 11 days after the last time I had done it - rather than the 14 in my rule. I did still manage to avoid P and fantasy entirely, and managed to MO focusing only on the physical sensation. I still think my feeling...
  10. D

Taking Back Control

26 Days: Been feeling down the past few days, but I think I'm coming out of that downswing. Starting to feel a bit better, and managing to maintain more focus on the things I want to do. Have been feeling urges pretty strongly, but again - my libido is really low. So it seems counter-intuitive...
  11. D

Taking Back Control

Days 23 & 24 (Yesterday & Today): I've been feeling really out of it the past couple of days. My sleep has been a little all over the place, and I've just been feeling low. Not sure if this is a part of a flatline, a downswing after a truly amazing trip last weekend, or more intense feelings of...
  12. D

1000 mile journeys begins with 1 step

This is such a great way to think about it, and comparing it to saving money also almost makes it feel easier. It's like, hey - I can do this other slightly painful thing of sacrificing a bit of my hard-earned cash every month, but I know it'll be great it the future when I can buy a stereo or a...
  13. D

What you give is what you get (I went 580 days. Relapsed. Finally back on track.

Hey man, good to hear that you're back on the P-free train even after a relapse (it happens to all of us)! It sounds like you've got a lot of stresses right now, what with your bachelor's thesis, the pressure of trying to decide a potentially lifelong career, a good friend moving away, the...
  14. D

Taking Back Control

21 Days: Hard to believe I've already made it to 3 weeks entirely PMO free, with only one time P-free MO'ing! I definitely have noticed that the more I get myself out of the house and doing things, the less I feel any kind of urges or impulse or desire to PMO. I think it's a combination of...
  15. D

Taking Back Control

16 Days: Today was the first time I have ever, in my life, MO'd without P or any kind of fantasy. I don't consider this a relapse because it was something I made a conscious decision to try, and the entire thing felt very natural and I didn't feel like I was pushing myself or racing to O. I...
  16. D

No idea where to begin, so I’ll just start

Hey @Thechief8271, boy does your story sound familiar (are we the same guy?). Anyway, welcome to the forum! I honestly think just committing to the change and being open and honest about where you're at is such an important first step. I've told myself "oh, I should probably do this less" way...
  17. D

New Life

Hey man, congrats on this 9 week streak! It seems like you're making really good progress, and are pretty in-tune with what causes you to potentially slip. I've definitely found that idle time near a computer or other screens is definitely the WORST and most tempting time for me. If I'm not...
  18. D

One day at a time 1

Sorry to hear about your girlfriend, man. Been there - and it sucks. It's also incredibly tempting to dive right into PMO after a breakup because it feels so good in the moment and feels like it's replacing some of what you've lost (but it's definitely NOT a replacement and it doesn't lead...
  19. D

Taking Back Control

15 Days: It's hard to believe I've passed the two week mark, but here we are! I've been feeling pretty good the past few days. I've been really busy and have had minimal urges which has been a really nice relief after a few days of pretty strong urges. I did M in the shower, but without any...
  20. D

Taking Back Control

11 Days: Today, I tried something a little different. I made some really basic plans to go for a bike ride right after waking up, and just immediately left after having some breakfast. I didn't give myself a chance to sit around idly, worry about the plans, or overthink anything - and I think...