Drop The Rope. Watch it

jkkk

I rarely post in the main thread.

I feel I got valuable to do so this time. Came across this vid on YouTube. It's not that popular. It didn't have much views, I reckon. Maybe you will even think it's not that interesting.

But to me, it was one of the best vids on addiction, ever. It goes right up there with the long Gary Wilson vid (the 1 hour 15 mins one, which I think is the best and most in-depth).

This clip should be called "Drop the Rope", I think, and I'm not sure there is anyone here who would not benefit from getting acquainted with the method of dealing with cravings that it conveys.

And, it's only 15 minutes. So if you're not able to sacrifice 15 minutes to give yourself a chance of getting out of the darkness of this compulsion, then... well :)

Watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTb3d5cjSFI

aquarius25

Respected Member
That video is awesome. I have a friend who was at the conference and actually quit smoking as a result of this technique! I completely forgot about it. Thanks for the great reminder! Great stuff!

fapfreezone

This is a great video. My last therapist recommended me a book on this subject (acceptance and commitment therapy), but I didn't get past the description of why I should do it. Having seen the video, i'm now going to read the rest of it! The book was called "Get Out of Your Mind and Into Your Life" by Steven Hayes and it was actually published in 2005, so we could have all been doing this since then!

jkkk

Yeah, I really like that video.

It tells about perspective and we all need that perspective. A lot.