MEDITATION

Madaemosewa

Meditation​
Meditation. This simple activity can do wonders to Rebooters. It can reverse your Hypofrontality and Desensitization- and is very simple to do. But not so easy... I have found but a few resources on the internet that help with meditation, yet I still do not understand exactly how to do it. It seems pointless laying on your back doing it wrong for 20 minutes a day for months and getting no results.
May anybody share how you are actually supposed to do it? I follow the instructions and is it true that you just lie on your back and focus on breathing/ parts of your body and try to relax these parts of the body? I simply do not understand how to do it perfectly. I have downloaded Universal Meditation, if anybody is interested. Any good resources/tips: please share :D :) :D :) :D

tom46017

I find a quite spot (guest bedroom), put a blanket and pillow on the floor and sit up straight.  I close my eyes and think of words that will help me be positive.  Such as    confident, power, strong, positive, truth, peace, happy, smile and on and on.

I think of these words as if they are coming out of the back of my neck just below the brain.  I concentrate on the word rolling up to the center of my brain and then having the word wrap itself around the center of my brain. 

If I find my mind wandering, the think of the word "block" and let it go up the back of my neck and wrap itself around my brain.  That helps me to keep focused.

I find this system gets me motivated and positive and keeps my mind on positive things during the rest of the day rather than sex every 10 seconds!

I am finding these words are changing my brain to focus on these positive words and I actually think I am reconditioning my inner brain.

S

ssoac

Madaemosewa said:
Meditation​
Meditation. This simple activity can do wonders to Rebooters. It can reverse your Hypofrontality and Desensitization- and is very simple to do. But not so easy... I have found but a few resources on the internet that help with meditation, yet I still do not understand exactly how to do it. It seems pointless laying on your back doing it wrong for 20 minutes a day for months and getting no results.
May anybody share how you are actually supposed to do it? I follow the instructions and is it true that you just lie on your back and focus on breathing/ parts of your body and try to relax these parts of the body? I simply do not understand how to do it perfectly. I have downloaded Universal Meditation, if anybody is interested. Any good resources/tips: please share :D :) :D :) :D

Meditation is supposed to train you to observe the ways in which your mind wonders. You sit, you breathe, you start thinking. "oh, I'm thinking" you notice, and you go back to your breath. In a 20 minute session this may happen a hundred times, doesn't matter. There's no 'good', nor 'bad' meditation. You just learn to be present, and not let your mind run on autopilot.
Don't do this expecting 'wonderful results', it doesn't work that way. But if you can spare the time - definitely continue with the practice. And just notice throughout the day your awareness increasing.

Google Pema Chodron - she is a wonderful resource.