Flatline and relationships

gtl923

I'm on about a two week streak right now and I think I'm experiencing some flatline. I've never flatlined before, despite going 4 months hard mode in the past. I wouldn't worry about it except I just started dating this woman. Our first date was great, we cooked together at her place and just hung out and talked. The second date was yesterday and I think my flatline started yesterday morning. I was super excited to see her again up until yesterday morning and then I kind of lost the excitement. I didn't really have the urge to push the relationship forward (holding hands and other physical contact) and the date wasn't as good as the first one. I'm worried this may fuck up my ability to develop this relationship if it lasts for a long time. Does anyone have any advice on how to develop a relationship during flatline?

misc person 86

Tricky. As some one who got into a relationship right at the start of my PIED recovery, and am still going through occasional flat lines with her, I would say it can be tricky, but it never prevented me from pushing things forward. Even when I'd have zero libido I still 'felt' attracted and passionate for her... So it shouldn't really hinder you if the relationship is right. Yea it's a pain in the arse and can be emotionally difficult but even with little desire for sex I still wanted to show her how into her I was.

gtl923

Tricky. As some one who got into a relationship right at the start of my PIED recovery, and am still going through occasional flat lines with her, I would say it can be tricky, but it never prevented me from pushing things forward. Even when I'd have zero libido I still 'felt' attracted and passionate for her... So it shouldn't really hinder you if the relationship is right. Yea it's a pain in the arse and can be emotionally difficult but even with little desire for sex I still wanted to show her how into her I was.

The thing is I felt like any attempt to move things forward would be awkward and feel unnatural. More than just losing libido I felt dull, and had low energy. My ability to socialize normally also felt blunted, which has always been a huge side-effect of PMO for me (though I never realized it until the last couple years). I'm feeling a bit better now but who knows if and when those feelings will return. I do want to show her that I'm into her, but in those moments it's like I don't know how, at least not without forcing it and making a fool of myself.

I want to know if you can explain more?

What would you like me to clarify?