Relapse after 150 days

Mad Mike

Hey guys whats up unfortunately after 150 days or so no MO no PMO i relapsed. I was feeling horny and me and my girlfriend live apart when i was checking my email i found a webcam invite so i clicked it then closed it. Unfortunately i re opened it and MO to a webcam. I made some great progress within the time and really felt i had beaten this bastard of an addiction in fact i would say i was around 80 percent better sexually at least some axiety still remained. Question is how far do you think i have set myself back? I feel like such a fucking idiot but im determined to come back stronger and finally put this addiction down for good

gtl923

My advice is not to even view it as a set-back, but an unfortunate part of the process of moving forward. Think about how much you used to PMO, at least once a day right? And you've gone from that to several months of abstinence. Pretty damn impressive. This is just a test, PMOing once isn't going to do too much in the way of brain changes, but it will bring those cravings back with a vengeance. If you can continue with your reboot without binging you're that much closer to full recovery.

T

TheTaskIsToPersevere

Just as gtl923 said, do not let this get to you too much. You failed - yes. You disappointed yourself - yes. But that doesn't mean this has to continue. Pick yourself up and be on your guard even more so now, as a relapse seldom comes alone. You can do this.