Precarious living situation: Fortunate or unfortunate?

gtl923

So I'm in this really potentially messy living situation. I just moved and got a house with two other people, one is a guy who I hardly ever see but he seems pretty cool. The other is a friend of mine's ex. So yeah, me and this girl have kind of really hit it off. We have the same standards of housekeeping, we both like to cook different things and are in the kitchen together all the time, we like similar music but have different enough tastes that we can introduce new things to each other, etc, etc. Over the weekend she invited me to an awards ceremony for a film she worked on and I was basically her date. When we got home we sat out back and drank tea in the darkness talked until 1am. We did it again last night too.

There's obviously a lot of chemistry but also obviously it's a very precarious situation. We've only lived together for 2 weeks at this point and the lease is a year long. I don't really know what to do at this point. I feel like eventually things are going to lead somewhere and it worries me. It has only been a couple weeks so there's always a chance that we won't get along as well over the long term. But it's also exciting because we can see how well we get along living in the same space and maybe there's potential for something serious and long-lasting. I'm very torn right now. Anyone have any thoughts?

H

HumbleRich

Ok.  What is the problem?  Are you a monk?  Are you planning to wait till marriage?  This girl digs you.  Women do not just hang out with people like that.  Again.  What is the problem?  She is a real human being, not pixels on a screen.  If you two do start dating, just tweaked it slow.  You will hopefully have gotten a few weeks into it by then before sex even comes into the equation.  By that time you will be ready.  No?  What are you asking here?

Jack Can

I can see why you're hesitant, I mean you don't want your living area to be uncomfortable af for the next year haha. But I think you should probably just go for it, who cares if it gets weird.

Then again.. she is your roommate so she could make things really hard on you..

Ehhhh... DO IT BRO!

H

HumbleRich

I still do not follow.  Are you doing hard mode?  Then you can continue to do that for a few weeks, while simultaneously courting and dating this girl, and then when the topic of sex comes up, decide to reduce yourself to soft mode.  I really do not see the hang up.  Real relationships are a good thing.

gtl923

The issue is I live with her, as in she's my roommate. If we date and break up after a couple months we will still be living together. I just got out of a pretty shitty living situation so I'm not looking to create another one. On the flip side this could turn into something really awesome; if we're already living together and we get along this well then there's potential for something long lasting.

I think y'all are right though, I'd be dumb to completely pass on an opportunity like this. I'm just going to take it real slow and see where it goes.

H

HumbleRich

Dude, from what you are telling us you are not "getting along well."  A woman won't put that much effort in unless she likes you.  She can find girlfriends for that stuff.  She likes you.

HumbleRich