The Environment - IS IT A HINDRANCE TO YOUR RECOVERY?

DepressedAndOut

Hello,

I know that Gabe changed the furniture round in his room/flat, so I'm just wondering if this is necessary for us to do too?

I ask this because, recently and standing on or near the spot in my room where I used to masturbate, my brain suddenly starts feeling sensitive about it. In sensitive I mean that the brain starts feeling hot/pressurized and the same feeling occurs in my head which is the same feeling that used to occur when I was masturbating. (again, it's a hot, 'heavy' feeling in your brain. Feels like your mind is puking or something. Unfortunately I can't quite describe how it is.)

This only started to occur in the past 2-3 days now. It could be because I unfortunately engaged in edging for few minutes a couple of nights before, since then I've fallen into a flat-line. I think this episode of edging has hindered my progress a bit and is manifesting itself in this weird feeling that I've just explained. (when standing in proximity of my usual masturbatory spot in my room.)

Unfortunately as the room is so small, I will not be able to switch around the furniture.

Has anyone experienced such strange feeling with the environment before?

FritzBrause

I think it's possible that it's causing a reaction in you, even if it's just because you think it does.

If your room is too small to move furniture around and you are worried, why not try something like this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/10/magazine/10section1C.t-3.html

Here's an article from the authors. It's not the original one, but it describes similar results in a cafeteria setting.
https://www.staff.ncl.ac.uk/daniel.nettle/ernestjonesnettlebateson.pdf

Perhaps this ritual can help you deal with this?

DepressedAndOut

I don?t have the urge to masturbate anymore. The problem is that this reaction in my brain happens even when I?m doing my day-to-day stuff at that spot. ( its an unavoidable spot as by walking through it, I need to access to some household possessions, that have no where else to be relocated to.)