Hoping for last reboot

map470

Hi everyone.

I have a similar story to most here so I will spare the details of it all. Turning 31 next month.

Over the last several years, I've gone through several reboots of varying success with the one before now being the most successful. Not sure how long it went for but I would say at least a year without P and probably a few months without M.  Had a girlfriend for two years, everything was going well. Of course once I relapsed, life slowly came crashing down and here I am again, hoping to make this one my last.  It's definitely true that those dormant addiction pathways in the brain are there for life. This is not a 90 days and you're cured kind of thing, but a lifelong quest.

As I do each reboot, I'm slowly coming to more and more realizations that this problem has affected the outcome of my life and almost every decision I've made whether long term or as trivial as one from the  daily routine.  I've also found that each reboot is different from the last. I've had some where I start off feeling great, and then in the following weeks, feel absolutely awful.  This one has been pretty rough so far. The first week was nothing but alternating anxiety and depression. Now, day 16, is mostly just anxiety.  I have to deal with people at work and it makes it difficult, but I pull through the best I can.  I haven't had issues with cravings at all even though I spend most of my time in front of a screen, both at home and at work.  Some of the past reboots had constant ones so I'm grateful for at least that.

I watched the YBOP video today where Gary explains the science behind it and that was definitely helpful.

I don't think I'll be posting here a ton as I believe it makes me overly focused on the issue and I need to spend time mustering up motivation to do things so I can beat this.

Best of luck to you all on your journeys, to say that it's a challenge would be an extreme understatement.