Ender's Journal: And End of Addiction

Arthur2

It is a mindset man.

The mindset of the warrior.

You are a nofapper ! You really are one ! Because you want to be one.
As long as you want to fight you are a true nofapper.

The important thing is not so much to win all the time but to have that willingness to fight all the time.
Victory will follow naturally.

BlueHeronFan

Respected Member
This recovery is a journey of a lifetime.

A relapse, even a gigantic one, is only a failure if it causes you to give up. I know we say things like that all the time, but it really is true.

I really started trying to quit 10 years ago. Only now am I finding any kind of success.

I know your feelings of frustration. I know that recovery might not always seem worth it. But keep at it. We're all still rooting for and working together to fight this thing.

Kraken

I hope you are well Ender.  We miss your posts and hope to hear from you soon.  Feel no shame, you are going through a difficult journey.  Just come back and after a step in the right direction, the direction towards fear but filled with hope, and you will feel better.

Non-Dual Adventurer

Ender,

You relapsed. You used drugs. You drank alcohol. So what?

You see, there is one addiction that we fail to notice we have, because everyone has it. That is the addiction to our thoughts. For some of us, our thoughts just manifest true bullshit to the point where we know we can no longer trust that voice. That is our situation. We can smell the stench of the untrue so clearly, as it manifests as destructive behaviour.

Most of us think 24/7 and act on those thoughts, but how often do we notice that we're obsessively thinking, and instead of just carrying on, stop and look at it? I'd hazard a guess as to say it's probably around 1% of the population. You are part of the 1% that is waking up, brother.
It's not the thoughts themselves that are the 'problem', if there is one, it's our identification with them. So I say again, you relapsed. So what? Are you merely defined by your thoughts, feelings, and actions? Are you defined by being a little person living a little life, or is there an awareness in you that sees all of this play of life taking place? This is the dream world, my friend. This is the matrix of your mind manifesting your deepest fears, sorrows, and pains. This is the transient one fighting for its survival. You know why? Because you're onto something. His days are numbered. You are waking up to the truth of your Being, and mind feels threatened by it. So it fights back. Stick to your path and one day he will come and join you on your meditation cushion. But till then, he will take whatever opportunity he has to sabotage you and throw you off the sense of his fickle transience. No one is every the same in every moment.

Every moment is fresh and pregnant with the opportunity for Enlightenment. Only the mind can resist that, and it must be watched.

Don't be discouraged. Whatever pain is here is only momentary, even if it feels like it will last forever. You are before all of this. You are the unchanging, ineffable wisdom. You are Brahman the absolute. You are consciousness itself. Everything is arising within you, as the infinite awareness. Nothing to push, nothing to pull. Nothing to become, nothing to strive for. Nothing to do.

Just Be. You are perfect in your essence.

Arthur2

I am not quite sure i understand what non-dual adventurer meant but i am sure of this :

I d like to hear from you again.

I hope you are well and that you will/have already decided to start a new streak.

Even if your last relapse may seem to you as a failure, i don' t think it is. It is more like a stumble on the long and difficult road to success.

But being on that road matters more than immediatly reaching the goal (that is impossible).

Non-Dual Adventurer

@Arthur2, I believe Ender is pretty into meditation and spiritual (non-dual) thinking. The esoteric stuff. I know this because he wrote a very detailed response to one of my more esoteric posts on my journal a couple of weeks ago. Don't worry, it was meant for him not necessarily everybody else. We all have our approaches and that's cool. :)

BlueHeronFan

Respected Member
Been a long while, man.

I hope you're finding your way through life. If you find your way back here, know that we're here too, ready to support you in this important, lifelong fight.