wet dream

johnsnow

I have learned from this forum before that wet dreams in no way ruin the reboot process. However, I had a wet dream while sleeping in the afternoon on my 11th nofap day today, and I am feeling dizziness and a mild headache like the way I used to after masturbating. I was feeling very awesome after these 10 days of nofap(its the longest I have ever been) but this wet dream seems to bring me back to the same place as I was 10 days ago. What should I do? Should I reset my counter now? Should I reset my counter each time I have  a wet dream followed by a headache?

mickey777

I would keep going. A wet dream is something you cannot avoid and have no control over. It's your body's way of releasing semen that has accumulated.  It can be unsettling but should not derail your reboot at all. As for the headache, that could be attributed to numerous things and could very we'll be a withdrawal symptom. Stay strong and keep focused. You'll make it through this hell and emerge a better man. Again, don't worry about the wet dream at all.  I have had them in the afternoon when taking a nap -- just means I was in a deep sleep.

O

OSS

I get them most weeks, I've had wet dreams 5 days in a row and even sometimes 2 per night lol. I've learnt a lot about them..

NO, do not reset your counter. Only reset your counter if you intentionally seek artificial stimulation.

Wet dreams don't "ruin" the reboot but I definetly believe they have a small effect. I believe wet dreams have the smallest impact any type of orgasm ever have on the reboot, arguably excluding orgasm with a partner. They can bring on these immediate negatives such as dizziness and headaches as you described but you will probably find you will be back to where you were in 2 or 3 days. Typically if I have a wet dream it will take me about 2-3 days to achieve the libido I had prior to the wet dream. These are the smallest possible hiccups in the recovery process, the stress worrying about it will only bring more negatives.

1 tip for reducing wet dreams; Avoid any fantasies and triggers (eg. going on facebook/instragram and accidentally seeing someone attractive) a few hours before going to bed. Personally if I fantasize before bed my wet dream rate is literally 50%