Recovery Journal

worldlit4213

Hey anubu! Have you tried strive21 (Strive21.com) to get you rollin? Something recently that I started doing that incidentally helped me with lust is eating healthier. When I eat poorly, I end up feeling bad, slow, lazy, and tired, in other words, all the things that lead me into temptation! Since starting to eat healthier I feel way better. Maybe that could be helpful for your journey!

anubu0

Day 1:

Hey wordlit. I haven't heard of that website but I already eat pretty healthy and live a relatively healthy lifestyle.

Everything is going well so far. I should start sleeping from 9-6 again because I think consistent sleep is really imporant. I'm having some difficulty focusing on school work and getting things done. Maybe this is senior-itis or just me wanting to play video games all the time, but I should make myself complete all of my work and then I can relax for the rest of the day. I feel like this is a lot better than what I'm doing right now. 

Chris Oz

Good going anubu. Games have in the past been a terrible addiction for me. Well, just a type of game though. The only game on my phone are very less addictive games, but still engaging.

It's very important not to be carried away with these games cause they make us forget the more important things in reality when we binge in them. They are just virtual, not real. They shouldn't have a hold on my life. That's the logic I put in my head. For me, it really was serious, it even influenced my sleeping patterns, which made me very tired or stressed leading to relapses.

Just be careful mate. Keep pushing back
Chris

anubu0

Day 5:

Things are going well. This week I am going to try to slowly wean off of video games, not entirely, just to the point where I don't feel "addicted". I need to complete all of my work for the day and then I can relax. This has been really hard for me to enforce but when it comes down to it, its up to me to make the decision, just like abstaining from p. Getting my life back! Let's do this.

Chris Oz

Wow day 5! I'm happy you successfully came around and that you're going strong. Keep at it man. Do what you need to get your life back, we only have one, and the clock is ticking.

anubu0

Day 6:

Doing good. I was watching some youtube videos late at night yesterday and I almost felt like relapsing. Its hard to describe but that urge last night wasn't as large as some of the other urges I had. Still though, I overcame it and that's a victory in my book. I also should stay off of youtube.  Going to start working out consistently again. I've noticed that when I don't play video games / watch TV, its a lot easier to motivate myself to workout. I'm going to try being productive from morning until after dinner, and then I can relax. Hopefully this system works, if it doesn't, I'm going to have to drop video games entirely.

anubu0

Day 7:

Today is extremely important. I will workout and be productive and I will not relapse. Goal: Day 10.

Shaka99

Hi Anubu0,

How are you? You havent posted in the last days. I hope everything is fine, remember we are here for you.