Feeling Concerned Where Feeling Is Concerned

I'm perhaps two months into a reboot. I have to admit to a few lapses, but I've been through the major withdrawal and associated depression, etc, the trick is to stay strong for longer and hope the desire to return to it fades.

My concern is the PIED. As yet I'm not seeing or feeling that sensation returning, and it troubles me to contemplate that it may not come back. I feel as though there is something of me missing to not be able to feel that simple joy of an erection to a natural stimulus. That happens in sexual situations currently, but I'd love to feel it spontaneously at the sight of an attractive girl, just to know that it's not gone. Not to act on it, just to know.

Keep giving each other strength!

Fappy

Respected Member
Just give it more time. It could even take 6 months to a year to get a normal functioning cock back.
I'd love to feel it spontaneously at the sight of an attractive girl
Yeah... you might want to be careful about that in social situations...

Thanks Fappy, it's appreciated. I know I need to be patient. My patience with myself as to what brought me here is the tough part.

I have always shied away from the 12 step programme where it is linked to religion, but increasingly find I am in need of the belief that I can be forgiven for the damage I have caused, even if I can't be forgiven by those I have caused damage to.

I imagine this is me wrestling with my conscience, trying to understand who I am and what my beliefs are and aligning my behaviours to those beliefs.

Fappy

Respected Member
Yeah it is a battle with yourself, and the demon of PMO. "Know yourself..." and all that.
But yeah, if you find that religion or some spiritual persuasions can help you in rebooting, do it! Go for it. You need to make use of any means you can to get over this.

Thanks Fappy. I may write out something that sets down who I want to be in future, and carry it with me, so as to remind me where I've been, and why I don't want to go back there.