Questions about technology use.

Chrisaaa7

Hello everyone,
I have been on my reboot for about a month now and already noticing improvements in mood, less anxiety, some morning wood, etc. I had 2 quick questions I was wondering if you guys can give your opinion.

1) I know some people mention decreasing technology time can help during your reboot. I currently have school fully online due to Covid and work at an office so I am always on a computer. I can’t really change these aspects of my life because I have to go to school and I have to work. I was wondering if a lot of screen time (not sexually related in any way) can slow down progress?

2) I also know some people say video games are not a good idea during reboot. I was wondering if an occasional use like maybe an hour twice a week would harm my reboot in any way? I would not say I am addicted in any way because I have easily gone months without it before and none of the games include sexual content.

thank you to any suggestions and advice !

Fappy

Respected Member
Hey,
1) what i can think of with this is that all that screen time can lead to PMO. you might come across some sexual sex imagery which can lead to an urge to PMO which will... well, we know where that will end up. youll just have to be very aware of any potential triggers, and stop the urge in its tracks.
2) that could be something about the over-production of dopamine associated with video games. persoanlly i found that video games helped me in my reboot! it was a welcome distraction not to mention a whole bunch of fun! cant really think of any games that include sexual content? in Skyrim you can marry an Orc, so...yeah... you can be selective in how sexual you want the content to be i guess. but absolutely i would reccommend games simply as a great distraction until you get things under control.

Chrisaaa7

Hey,
1) what i can think of with this is that all that screen time can lead to PMO. you might come across some sexual sex imagery which can lead to an urge to PMO which will... well, we know where that will end up. youll just have to be very aware of any potential triggers, and stop the urge in its tracks.
2) that could be something about the over-production of dopamine associated with video games. persoanlly i found that video games helped me in my reboot! it was a welcome distraction not to mention a whole bunch of fun! cant really think of any games that include sexual content? in Skyrim you can marry an Orc, so...yeah... you can be selective in how sexual you want the content to be i guess. but absolutely i would reccommend games simply as a great distraction until you get things under control.
Hey man thanks for the advice, yeah overall I am doing pretty good with the urges, I don’t really get too many anymore and when I do it’s for the most part easy to distract my self. But yeah I’m still careful when using any social media to always avoid any sexy images