Lack of arousal/libido

Lila86

Hi all,

my partner and I have been going through the rebooting process together for about a year now.
A lot of things have improved massively.
However, there is several challenges our relationship still faces.
The main one is his lack of arousal/libido and I wonder if anybody has some advise.
He seems to have no to very little libido for about 7 months and he says he cannot really remember the last time he's been really aroused.
Obviously for me this is really hard to cope with and to not take personal.
We try to find a way in which both of our needs are being met while healing (as both of us have no clue how long all this is still going to take).
Whereas he thinks it's just part of the process of a very long flatline, I have the feeling that he is under a lot of pressure, that he is scared to disappoint me or to not live up to my expectations sexually and that this might maintain his low libido. I believe that his low libido might be kind of an avoidance of these disappointing sexual experiences within our relationship. Therefore, I think we have to find a way to take off all the pressure off him.
On the other hand, I am quite a sexual person and feel like my needs have been dismissed for so long...
And that's where the issue lies. How can we solve this?
Has anybody any ideas or thoughts?
Has anybody experienced such a long period of no to little libido and how did you manage it as singles or within a relationship?

Grateful about any input!

Fappy

Respected Member
Hi,
it could be a mix of both of those things, one feeding on the other.
also keep in mind that everybody reboots differently and it could be that he just needs more time to fully recover.
one thing id reccommend would be to be intimiate with each other - kissing, touching etc - but dont have sex or do anything for the purpose of having an orgasm. i know youd want to, but rewiring your brain and libido to your partner and generating the sense of sexual intimacy is essential and can really speed up the process.

Lila86

Thanks for your reply, Fappy. Just feel like I am losing patience. How long can you ask your partner to abstain from sex bc of his addiction?