A new start

Hannibal

Ive decided that I've reached the point where counting days isn't helpful any more. In the early days it was as it gave a sense of achievement but ultimately it isn't about a number, it's about a way of life.
I'm committed to overcoming this and am continuing to do so on a daily basis. Whether it is a stream of 100, 200 or 1000 days is ultimately irrelevant. What is far more important is that I will never give up and will work daily to be a better version of myself.

Hannibal

Going well. Key learning so far:
1 willpower is not enough
2 taking away opportunity is not enough
3 new relationships are not enough
4 new interests are not enough
5 being self critical doesn't work
6 promising "never again" doesn't work
7 "just once" doesn't work

Finding the right balance and constantly reflecting on and changing the approach does work.

searching4good

Finding the right balance and constantly reflecting on and changing the approach does work.
Thanks for sharing Hanibal - today hasn't been a good day for me and it's really helpful for me to see you making such good progress. It gives me hope that there's a better path ahead...

Hannibal

Thanks for sharing Hanibal - today hasn't been a good day for me and it's really helpful for me to see you making such good progress. It gives me hope that there's a better path ahead...
There will be good days and bad. Accept that and don't be hard on yourself if things aren't going so well. Just keep going. I've fallen a few times now but have I moved forward significantly in the last 200+ days? Absolutely.

guitar1968

Glad you are finding a way to control this. I need to get back to some kind of system. I've let it all get away from me again.

Good for you.