Back after long hiatus

Oldnewguy

Hey everyone-

40 something guy here who has attempted this a few years ago (and obviously failed). Back to try it again. My main reason is my marriage has so many wonderful aspects, except for intimacy. I want to do this for myself, but also my partner. I will be trying to frequently check in with my progress. Thankful this place is still here. Good to be back

Oldnewguy

That’s a great question. I think probably selfishness is a big one. Also it has been my number one way to escape stress, sadness, anxiety, etc for 25 plus years.

Fappy

Respected Member
Welcome back. 25 plus years using this shit to escape other problems when this has likely been the cause, or at least makes all the others worse.
Use your previous experience in rebooting to make sure this is the last time!

Phineas 808

Staff member
I remember you, Oldnewguy, though my profile was under a different name.

Welcome back, and wishing you success!

Oldnewguy

Day 3. Still going well. Happy to be checking in every day. Also using an accountability partner on here which will be a good thing. Thanks for all the support

Oldnewguy

Day 4. Still going well. Was tempted to look at an IG profile that looked attractive but I know where that could lead and decided against it. Also let my accountability partner know about it which helped. I’m good now- if I get through those brief moments of temporary temptation it is gone. Thanks for listening to my daily check ins

Fappy

Respected Member
Day 4. Still going well. Was tempted to look at an IG profile that looked attractive but I know where that could lead and decided against it. Also let my accountability partner know about it which helped. I’m good now- if I get through those brief moments of temporary temptation it is gone. Thanks for listening to my daily check ins
It’s great that you could see that trigger and shit it down instantly. Just have to keep that up and you’ll be feeling great in no time

Oldnewguy

Day 5. Kids back in school, wife working and I have a day off at home. First real test today. I’m doing no PMO but also considering no M for a little while to really give my system a hard reboot. A few years ago I did a reboot and was able to perform with my wife with no problems after about 2 weeks. I’m lucky I didn’t grow up in the high speed internet world. Kind of tough today but I’m getting through it.

Oldnewguy

Hey everyone. Still clean on day 10! Still flatlining with no real sex drive. The stories I’m reading of guys’ sex drives returning to real life women and partners are very inspiring. Definitely a big motivator.

just want to let everyone know that I’m moving my journal to the “Over 40” category. When I first returned here 10 days ago I didn’t put much thought into the best place to journal. Thanks for all the support!