Anxiety and solitude

Dcall

Posted on here a while ago and received no replies. I have had some pretty good runs and my relapses since March have been very limited in number and time. I think it's because I am starting to realize when I am prone to want to watch again and chase that high. Whenever I feel lonely or anxious, those are my worst moments of temptation. The moments where I am alone are the most difficult, as I've began to really embrace moments that make me anxious and combat them and realize it's all going to be good. But with the moments of solitude and aloneness I'm still struggling. For example, I'm in NOLA right now for some business for just one night and relapsed last night. I am here by myself and it just seems like when I am in these situations I'm inevitably going to fall. Does anyone struggle with this??

sho0fl

Hey Dcall,

Personally, I've struggled with loneliness almost all my life. It's kind of a state of the mind. If you think about your loneliness in a bad way. But you can also think of it as something good, more time for yourself. Don't beat yourself over the negatives that you see. Focus on the positives.

Alright, let me ask a couple of questions, don't feel obliged to answer them here in any way, but if possible, try to answer them for yourself.

Why do you want to stop?
Why did you started this fight in the first place?
How did you think this fight is going to be? A linear road, you say "I'm stopping today, no more" or "It's gonna be a tough fight, there are ups and downs"? If it's the first option, maybe you can see that it's not like that. If it's the second option - you should probably prepare for the ups and downs appropriately if you're after results.
How was the fight so far?
Why did you relapse, what is it when being lonely that makes you turn to P? Do you think it's more of a behavioral pattern, you get the cues to do this when something happens?
How can you fight your weaknesses? Can you identify all of them and then patch each one?

If you haven't read EasyPeasyMethod, it's a nice book that got me started, about 50 days ago. Since then, I've had just two relapses and it helped me clear my mind.
I would also recommend watching this video. It might help to get a better overview of the future fight.