No PMO and Antidepressants

JordanBelford

Hi All -

This is my second post, and I wanted to share a little bit more about my self and my issues. I hope someone resonates with this post and can help out.

I'm on day 15 of no PMO, but may have to restart the clock, since this weekend got a little out of hand with drinking and I ended up bringing back a girl to fulfill my "O'ing" needs. Anywho, my major issue, and why I started nofap is because of massive BRAIN FOG. For the past three years I have had brain fog, severely scattered thoughts, and memory recall issues, which attributed to my lack of social skills. Some days I feel absolutely retarded. Pardon my french, but I feel like I could zone off for minutes and feel like there is not a thought in my head. Alcohol and drugs were my release, but being a psychology major, I know the extreme effects they can have on the physiology of the brain. I've decided to not drink or consume any drugs (besides caffeine and my antidepressants, WHICH brings me to my next point). I have been taking 10mg of Lexapro for my depression/anxiety for about a month now, but am been weened off to be put of 150mg of Wellbutrin (which is a reuptake inhibitor for norepinephrine and dopamine). My question is will this effect the benefits of rebooting in any way? I actually don't have much of any urge, besides sometimes daydreaming (when I feel like my brain is working). Problem is, my memory is such a piece of shit and I am so desensitized that I don't know if I'm doing any better).

I would encourage and love any type of feed back. PS I am so grateful that this community exists!

Peace, Love, and Don't Masturbate  8)

JordanBelford

I've been considering starting "hard mode," since I tend to have sex with girls I don't have a strong emotional connection with. I haven't dated in the past three years, but have had many, many, many sexual partners.

narfolee

You've never experience PIED problems? Just wanna quit for depression and improving overall quality of life?

JordanBelford

I've experienced mild forms of PIED, but only when I was intoxicated. And yup, I would do just about anything to get rid of my brain fog and memory problems. So I am following the famous words of Abraham Lincoln "Keep your hand off your dick" -Abraham Lincoln 1848 (pretty sure I am quoting him correctly).

LS90

I wouldn't focus on practising abstinence unless you feel it may hamper your PMO abstinence (like it was for me).. But it depends on your objectives! I don't know much antidepressants so I can't say anything about it.

Never heard of 'brain fogs'  ???. How many symptoms this thing can give - just baffling. Good luck bro!  8)

goodolboy

whats up man. I started my reboot July 10th and was taking Wellbutrin 150 XL a little before for the exact same reason you are. I had terrible brain fog and could barely function at work because I really wasnt worth a shit, which is not right b/c growing up I never had this problem. The Wellbutrin changed a lot of things for me. It improved my mood, I was able to concentrate at work, and my social life really started to get back to normal.

I believe it made my reboot much better because I was able to think clearly about things and I knew what I needed to do to improve my life. I stopped taking the Wellbutrin around day 40 of my reboot because I was doing so good. Had sex with a chick around day 90, then had the chaser effect and relapsed a couple times after. After the relapse I started to feel like shit again so I am back on the Wellbutrin and am already seeing improvements. I hope this med helps you out and your able to get back on your feet a little better.