I can't coexist, time to reboot

Ayo,

I'm in my mid 20's now and after 15 years of nearly daily PMO I've reached the realization that I cannot co-exist with it. I'm very fortunate that my addiction has never led to any serious disruptions in my life but over the years I've noticed just how much of a ceiling it's created. I used to think that PMO was a self-therapy, a reaction to events around me. I really want to credit Allen Carr's Easy Way method for introducing me to this idea that our addictions are causing all of the problems we're using our vices to solve. My recent decision to attempt a reboot is because I think PMO is CAUSING all of the problems I'm using it to solve. Even when life seemed really, really good, I'd still return to PMO. I'd make it a week or two, feel amazing, feel FREE, and then always come back to it, never able to fully quit.

Anyway, I've decided that enough is enough, I cannot coexist with PMO. It's started to bleed into all areas of my life whether it's my relationships with women, my overall feelings of happiness, and most of all, my life goals.

It's really scary to face life sometimes and I was using PMO as an escape. Deep down, I know that there's only one way to go, can't go around it and ya gotta go through it.

So this is day 1 of the rest of my life, we'll see how it goes!

Last edited:
Hell ya man- congrats on the decision to change your life. Check out David Goggins' recent podcast with Joe Rogan - it is super inspiring.
Thank you, I appreciate it!

I've seen him a bit on YouTube but haven't listened to that particular interview. I'll check it out some time this week and keep you posted, thanks for the recommendation!

DAY 2

So far so good, fortunately I've been relatively busy and that's sort of kept me in a good mindset without too many intrusive thoughts. It's definitely been inspiring seeing other people's stories too. I signed up for this forum a couple weeks ago but continued to resort to PMO until I knew it was finally time to quit for good. I know it ain't gonna be easy but I'm grateful for the support!

DAY 3

Again, keeping busy has really helped me stay disciplined. I never realized how much PMO was simply a reflex as a result of boredom. I'm trying the best I can to fill my life with things like music, reading, and the gym. I'm not too far into the reboot but those things are already starting to become joyful again!

DAY 4

Definitely more temptation today but I just made sure to tell myself that it'll slowly fade away every new day. I realized too how many times in the past it's simply a moment's temptation that I'd give in to. If you get though that moment and just distract yourself with the gym or work then it's way easier to make it the rest of the day.