Addiction and resentment.

CodeTheMind

I don't know if it is just me but my addiction is a way (a bad way) to deal with resentment and sadness. By now I realize that it is not a way to avoid resentment and sadness but a way to embrace resentment and sadness, which sounds really awful, why would anyone do that? Right now I am just thinking it could be some sort of indirect masochism.

This addiction is some sort of ritual that seems rather heroic at some points (to the addicted mind) and I assume that I relapse when I can no longer ignore sadness, resentment, and suffering. The problem is that when I am on a good streak I do not embrace resentment and sadness, and it feels like embracing them is something very personal, and like I said...heroic, but I am forbidden to do so if I am meant to recover.

I don't feel heroic by ignoring negativity, by trying to remain positive I feel like a fool. And as soon as something really bad happens, lets say I have a terrible day, I relapse. And I do so because I am used that kind of ritual of embracing the problem and making myself its martyr. Messed up stuff.

Last edited: