The silent killer(se*sting)

Xmnm

I've never imagined that i would ever send a private pic to someone. Unfortunately, I'm addicted to se*sting now.....
I've started se*ting at 15 years old. I actually remember how it all started. It started when i was at reddit, i discovered that it is possible to view nsfw, and of course i did. The started texting some girls, and then started jumping from site to site bla bla bla. And now I'm addicted to it, i didn't imagine it would be that hard to cut it of, i thought i would delete the email I'm using and everything will be fine, but it wasn't. Recreate a new email and then start all over again, every 2-3days, sometimes in the morning 4 am, sometimes afternoon sometimes in the middle of the nigh. I don't know how i jump the demoliting jump, but i do it. And then I'm depressed, anxious, angry, frustrated and so on.... have tried many things already, none of them work, i have no idea what i should do next..

Androg

Administrator
Admin
Get a flip phone. And keep your smartphone off unless you're in public.

Find an in-person recovery group near you, if possible. You need some personal support.

Xmnm

There's no support groups in my country unfortunately... and yeah i want personal support, and i have to usually use my smartphone for studying

Percival

Deleting your account, keeping your phone away from you at night and only using it in public (where other people can, or might, see what you're looking at) are all things that will help. Although I can tell you from my own experience that it's not enough: you have to choose not to (and then you have to keep choosing).

The good news is that even if you've been sexting for years, it won't take you years to quit, believe it or not. Only days or maybe weeks, and probably the compulsion will fade dramatically: I'm always surprised how it fades after just a few days away, for me.

Another thing that has helped me is coming to places like this, frequently. Post every time you are tempted, and/or maybe check in regularly. Being accountable even to faceless Internet strangers helps a lot.