Back again. Hopefully for good

Oldnewguy

I have been in and out of abstinence for many years. Made an attempt on this forum 2 years ago and left again. I’m back to try again. Really feeling awful currently. Life gets busier and busier, and the state of the world seems to get more and more chaotic. I guess I’ve used my old escapism tactic to deal with stress my whole adult life and I’m very tired of it. I can probably deal with the world/life much better if I can treat myself with more respect and dignity. Starting a new reboot and will be checking in daily. Thanks for reading this, glad to be back.

Oldnewguy

Day 5. Crazy busy with work and family but noticeably nice to feel less distracted with guilt . I know it will get better, but even if I just felt like this from now on it would be way better than before. Thanks for reading. Cheers to another day

Hey @Oldnewguy I think that is a lot of our problems, we use it as a means of escape but feels like shit after, I have started to believe I need to take myself into account and build my self confidence up and look after myself more instead of placing myself in the background.

Oldnewguy

Ok so daily checking in I guess hasn’t been happening. “Busy” is what I’ll say, and it is not a lie. Everyone is busy! However I’m on day 19. I had to check my calendar to count. Not sure if daily counting is helpful or not but I’m thinking of just staying abstinent and maybe checking the day count periodically just out of curiosity. I’m not feeling a big libido return yet, however I’m definitely more present with loved ones and feeling more confident/ less shame. Doing ok gentlemen. Thanks as always

Freerider

Ok so daily checking in I guess hasn’t been happening. “Busy” is what I’ll say, and it is not a lie. Everyone is busy! However I’m on day 19. I had to check my calendar to count. Not sure if daily counting is helpful or not but I’m thinking of just staying abstinent and maybe checking the day count periodically just out of curiosity. I’m not feeling a big libido return yet, however I’m definitely more present with loved ones and feeling more confident/ less shame. Doing ok gentlemen. Thanks as always
Good, good! Keep going!

Oldnewguy

Day 26 and still going strong. Still no major libido improvement but having some “interesting “ dreams again which is encouraging. Still feeling more confident. Thanks all!