Made it 114 days...

Mbg

And relapsed. It happened just like that.  I have been going through a rough time with my wife and I was fearful of the future.  My addict took advantage of my vulnerable state and I'm feeling miserable today.  I'm trying not to beat myself up and remind myself to learn from this slip.  I had been neglecting this forum and recovery in general.  Recovery has been less of a priority lately but now I'm getting back on the wagon... No more neglect. 

challenged

114 days is a darn good stretch.  Don't beat yourself up about a misstep after such a sustained period of success.  :)

Fappy

Respected Member
Thats pretty damn good mate!
Dont get so down about it. Once in 114 days!? That aint a reset, its just a slip.
Its a damn good achievement. If a runner slips over during a race they dont go back to the start line. They keep on running!

Mbg

Thanks guys.  I'm really just trying to get back to a state of serenity.  I'm still feeling triggered today and am just taking it one minute at a time. 

Poker

Well, lesson learned.  No matter how far we come down this road, we are always the same distance from the ditch.

As long as you've got the right attitude towards recovery, you will recover. 

Be strong my friend.

Cheers,

p.

jkkk

Mbg,

You did and you are doing a great job.

You have nothing to be shameful about. Reject the shame. You're an addict, as we all are here, and what happened to you is just an addict's thing. But it is not YOU.

YOU are doing fantastic. Don't think you're back where you started, you are not. You cannot let yourself do that, for you have treaded a much too long path on road to recovery.

We are all prone to this. I am. You are. The moderators here are as well. No one is immune. It is human and it must not be forgotten.

Now DO NOT let a thought cross your mind that would induce you to think about the counter, the reset of it, what happened and so on. I urge you, DO NOT.

Have a blessed time - learning how you can improve. And let us know what you think - this is invaluable to everyone here.

J.

MarkL

Great job MBG - I wish I had been strong enough to make it 114 days!!!

More than anything your story is inspirational to the rest of us, who are still trying to make it through the early days.

Keep on Truckin!