It's been a while, and it's a new year

toofat

Hello all,

It's been quite a while since I've been active on this forum or on my blog. Life has been keeping be busy as I'm sure many of you have also been during this holiday season. I felt I should take the time to make a quick update and to again wish you all the best of luck on your journey.

I have been quite busy with my community functions. My lodge had a Christmas party for over 30 needy families in my town which we provided all of the fixin's for a Christmas dinner to take home as well as a gift for each child. I was part of the shopping crew and we got gifts for 99 kids! I was particularly proud of the choices in gifts I made for the kids I was assigned. The party included a lot of other freebies like face painting and cookie decorating - I baked about a 3rd of the cookies myself! We also had a visit from Santa who delivered all of the presents that day. I also helped decorate for the New Year's Eve Party, and collect door prizes. We raised over $600 for our state charity that night. I ran my first 5K on New Years Day and almost died in the process =). I've also been working hard to complete my school applications and am really just playing the waiting game to hear if I got accepted. Fingers crossed!

On the rebooting front, things have been going steadily well. I'm not my husband so I can't speak for him when saying there has been no relapse, but he hasn't told me about one so I'm putting my trust that there hasn't. He has mentioned that it's starting to get more difficult though and to be honest I'm a little relieved. It's been 6 weeks and I feel like if there hasn't been any difficulty by now... Well, there's no point in being negative. There's also been a decline in frequency of sex again. It's not really bothering me though. I haven't been asking, so therefore I haven't been denied. That was what bothered me the most in the past. I have a few theories about what could be causing the decline, but I won't get into too much detail. If you really want to know, just click the link in my signature.

All in all, I'm really hopeful for the new year. I sincerely hope that each and everyone of you find happiness this year and reach your goals.

Hello and happy new year!

Wow you were busy! Your post has got me grinning ear to ear. You've done some amazing things in the last few weeks, good for you!
Being charitable as well as taking a physical challenge, that's incredible. I hope this has helped lift your spirits and shown you just how strong you are.