Rewireing? Chaser?

tostadora

I don't think so. Rewiring without orgasm causes the brain to rebalance and a period of "lack of dopamine" that the brain finds really uncomfortable, and makes the brain trigger for anything remotely sexual that can led you to a dopamine fix.

Attos

Well, if you're throwing your brain a little cookie, after a dryspell, it's obviously gonna get excited go find more cookies, thinking: "OMG, there's fuck material around, let's hump what we can quickly, coz we might not be seeing any for weeks to come."

So weird, last time I came thrice in 10 minutes, didn't know that was possible. So lucky thing the neighbors herd of goats wasn't near our house, could've hurt half dozen of those poor souls :p

This is how food binging works too, don't know about other addictions.

Now, every orgasm has the ability to cut your sex desire, which works differently for different people. So I'm sure a high enough number of orgasms would cut the Chaser for most people, but I don't know if that's 3 per week or twice daily or whether you'll end up with a pure MO addiction.

indiana

Hmm... I don't think so? Though remotely stimulating or provocative material, even material that isn't sexual but has constant novelty, like Facebook, youtube, etc... can, I'd guess.

Bumping the dopamine up and spilling into old reward circuitry.

Be aware of what you're doing, if you feel that pull even towards just information binging, be aware and make the necessary changes.

That said, be easy on yourself too, an hour long kitten video binge on youtube is way better than binging on PMO and if that's what it takes to move through the void at times, maybe it's okay. I'm no expert.

challenged

What do you mean by "rewiring"?  Different people use that term differently here. 

Anyway, it is my understanding that the primary cause of the "chaser effect" is orgasm, which could be with a real person or through M.  So if by "rewiring," you mean having sex with a real person, then rewiring without orgasm would seem likely to eliminate or at least substantially reduce the "chaser effect."  I understand that this is the conventional thinking anyways, and this is why it is recommended for some rebooters to avoid orgasm during real sex in the initial stages of rebooting.