Reading cartoon

DANNY the

Hi. I like reading comics and sometimes there are girls with shirt or with tight blouse and I see boobs. I don't stare at this  but my heart starts to beat louder.
Should I avoid reading?
I don't know why if I am watching tv and there is a girl with normal t-shirt but also with boobs I feel strange and I am trying to move my eyes wherever. Also my heart is louder  and it beats faster. Hmm. Weird.
What should I do?
I want to be normal. I don't want to be scared of boobs.

U

Username

You have to decide for yourself where exactly you draw the line. But from my experience, don't consume anything that makes you feel extremely uncomfortable and might send you down the old spiral. For example, if there's something on TV that involves a lot of bikini shots, I think twice before watching. Sometimes, especially when I'm alone, I am more likely to turn it off to be safe.
There's nothing wrong with noticing a good-looking woman or any of her bodyparts in particular - as long as you don't overdo it. Don't stare, don't make that person part of an excessive fantasy etc. That's the basic idea. And sorry, but a had to smile at being "scared of boobs" even though I know perfectly well what you mean...

Chaos Mind

I don't know how old you are, but I am 27 and when I was a kid, cartoons were mostly harmless. It is of course completely normal that cartoons emphasize certain body parts (like huge noses, long arms or legs). I also realized that today's comics are much more focused on sexual stimuli. Mostly mangas and animes, but common comics as well.

Take former super heros as an example. They were well shaped, but still looked like normal guys. Today's super heros are muscular as hell and women all share the same playboy measurements.

I'd say: as soon as you realize that there is more than just childish pleasure for reading the comics, I'd drop it. If you find yourself reading the comic and secretly looking for women then it seems to be the wrong medium for your reboot.

Vincent

Hi Mate, tricky that one.

I love to read my Mangas as well and those are....triggerful. Thing is, I read them because of the story and the girls are a side effect. If it really triggers the hell out of you and you than struggle with PMO, I suggest you abstain from it. If you can manage it and your heart just beats faster, than IMO it is ok.

My heart also beats faster if I see a sexy woman. That's quite natural, since those triggers are the one thing attracting most of us to the female body. And that also works for drawn people - same neuronal basis is activated.

All those triggers will stay as they are. You can either control it or avoid it. I recommend control. Avoiding it might eventually really lead to being "afraid" of them since you feel in over your head if you cannot control yourself e.g. in presence of a hot girl -  real or drawn. That can lead to social anxiety issues.

Use the comics as "fun" as Chaos suggests, but not as your sexual outlet. It cannot be the solution to ban all triggers from your life. What you can do is to face it and let them become "normal singularities". If you watch a film and there is some sexytime going on - that of course arouses you as it does with everybody. The thing is -> does it trigger you? if not, than you have control over that issue. If it triggers you to masturbation -> abstain from it for a longer time or keep the urges at bay.

I think the same is valid for other media and so on.

hope I could help