The Return to True Self

Have not been able to log in for a couple of days. Still going strong.. My summer break has started so I'm going to have to find ways to stay busy. Been feeling some strong urges lately.

Made it two weeks!

The summer started and has ended...

And in that time, I was unable to keep up to date with this journal. In that time, I relapsed multiple times on my reboot journey. :(

This addiction is destroying my life. I've been in a relationship with a great person but still losing interest for extremely shallow reasons. This addiction sucks the life out of my relationship. Since I was off the forum, there were multiple times where I told myself quit. Sometimes I lasted 2-3 weeks but then relapsed. Once I'd relapse, I'd binge more than ever before

I've also noticed a significant decrease in concentration and interest in life..

With several failed attempts at this, I've come back here in the hopes that the social support here would aid me in my recovery. Will focus all my energy in building a constructive habit... i.e. getting on a strong fitness plan.

Thank you here for the previous support. I believe this place is a good way to overcome this and this time, I'll check in daily.

Looking forward to a clear life

I PMO'd again last night. I justified it by telling myself that it'd my last day and it'll be the start of my journey starting today. Still haven't given in today...

Definitely need to focus positively on building new replacement habits... such as reading more, socializing, studying, working out, etc... I will addict myself to the pain of discipline, because in this temporary pain, lies my freedom

This is my time to define my life focus and purpose... A purpose that will consume my life. I believe in being a productive human being making constant positive contributions to society and those around me. This is what I want in my life. I want to be a producer of good.. not a consumer of filth. I will put my whole self in to my ultimate purpose in life. At this point in my life, my education is extremely important and I will do and am doing whatever it takes to build my knowledge. I am here to know the truth and unconditionally dedicating myself in pursuit of the Truth. To do this, I will not have a foggy, constantly craving brain.
My focus is not just to not PMO, but to build and dedicate my life to this greatness.

To do this, I am understanding that this addiction will test me in the most difficult of ways and will make me make excuses to give in. There will be moments where the will to avoid this action will be low and the tendency to give in will be higher. For this, I will make sure that I avoid all cues, situations that will lead me to this. I will combat all possible thoughts that will lead me to the act.

Some thoughts that may arise are...

I can do this now and return to my reboot later.
It is actually better for me mentally to PMO at this point to relieve stress
PMO will actually help me more than harm me
Everyone else does it and it is the healthiest way to relieve myself
I want to return to those days where I could enjoy myself at any time.

All of the above are just excuses that I can think of right now that have come up in the past. I realize that these are nothing more than excuses. I realize that this path will be difficult and will ask me to give in temporarily.. But these are excuses. These are thoughts that come up in my head and precisely the reason why I will continue to harm myself. There is nothing good about PMO.. It is not relieving myself. It is harming myself. It is not pleasing myself, it is torture... It is destroying my relationships, my performance in life, and my sense of being human...

I am an addict.. My brain at this moment is addicted to PMO.. and the fact that I know this gives me control over myself.