The New Fight

2young2lose

I tried rebooting about this time two years ago. I was doing great, my first try I went about 9-10 months free, lost 100 lbs (I weighed 285 lbs at 5'10"), and raised my marks from all D's to all A's. It was perfect. But then one of the deadliest aspects of recovery set in. I began growing very lazy and overconfident."I'm cured, I can start doing things again, just not in excess". And it was ok for a few weeks until finals came around. Stress started piling up and the only thing that seemed to help was the big M, master-bating, and when you start using it as a crutch, it slowlys takes back over. Since then I've gained back 30 lbs, and lost all progress socially and academically. It's time to get back on it. Now I know a lot more and I plan on doing a few things differently.

The Plan:
-Start with a vision of a successful life, not a successful reboot. When I focus on what I want to be, it gives me hope. When I think about not master-bating, It makes me feel dirty and weird.
-Get more active in life, not this forum. Kind of like the first point but by getting more involved with school, friends, and hobbies, I will make this about me, not my addiction.
-Keep an active record of my emotional, social, and physical success, so when that flatline comes, I see how much better I still am than before.
-Be more qualitative than quantitative. Instead of thinking, wow I've gone 10 days. I'll think, wow I've made a lot more friends since I started.

Hopefully this model can help some new comers out, or at least provide a reason to think about where you are. Love you all and wish you the very best. Stay strong and never give up!