time to kick this habit

traveler

I only have a minute and will introduce myself properly later, but I want to get this thread going now.

I am a 34 year old married man with two children. I have been on the PMO cycle for 20+ years and have finally reached the point where I feel it is negatively impacting my life. My wife and I are starting to  suffer from a lack of intimacy which, until now, I have written off as a normal part of having young children which demands so much time, energy and emotional capacity that it doesn't leave much left for a partner. Somehow I stumbled across a reference to the no Fap movement and a bit more surfing led me here.

I've been reading articles and testimonials and I think it is clearly time for a change in my life. I'm going to start the reboot process immediately and am looking forward to positive changes in my life and my relationship. In subsequent posts, I will give more background and discuss some triggers in an attempt to hold myself accountable "in public"

benhj

Welcome traveler. In my experience keeping a daily journal here and daily accountability have been some of the best tools in my own recovery! Good luck on your journey :)

A

afb7

Right on traveler. I tried to quit P heap of times, and even just had my wife as my main support for a while. That was messy. Having a site like this is great. When I'm triggered, lately I just open up the page and read some journals, or check on my own, and pretty soon I'm back in the safe zone again.

I hope this is as rewarding for you as it is for me. Good luck in the days ahead!

traveler

Thanks guys, four days in and going strong so far. I'm definitely feeling the urge, but am resisting it without a problem right now- I'm up and nobody else in the house will be up for at last another hour, this is a test for me, but so far so good. The hardest test for me will be next time I travel For work and have a lonely hotel room to myself, but until then I think I'll be solid.

On the positive side, I'm already feeling some of the benefits with my wife, she's looking so much hotter and more sexually desirable to me after the last couple days. I never experienced the ED that seems so common, but I was absolutely suffering from a diminished libido, and I used to have a very very strong one. I'm looking forward to its permanent return and that's one of my primary motivations in all this.

Fappy

Respected Member
Keep this up and im sure your hot wife will be thanking you. That is, when she gets her breath back!
If youve never experienced the PIED symptoms thats a good sign. Recovery isnt far off (neither is getting your wife off).

Robo Fap