Goodbye MO I won't miss you.

igetum

After joining rebootnation about two and a half months ago, I cannot deny that a lot has changed in my life. With the free time I liberated, with the energy and zeal I have regained,  with reduced procrastination and increased confidence it has been well. My journal Counting days to my freedom www.rebootnation.org/forum/index.php?topic=5254.0 ,  together with my buddies here have kept me afloat .
After two MO's though one on day 40+ and one on day 63, I have decided to start a journal to fight MO. This is because I have observed MO pull me back to P in the past and I do not want it to ruin my reboot. Since idling seems to be a contributing factor towards MO, I have decided to keep my mind occupied with problems to solve. Thinking about having sex with a lady has also been a contributing factor. I have had no P fantasies though in my MO. Either way I have closed one re-entry point to P, and that is MO.

BunnyBoy2015

Good Luck!

I am intrigued to see how you get on, and to see if you have any enlightenment or wisdom that can help me with this problem! I know you will do well!

Keep us updated!

igetum

Hi mountainsummit, I promise to keep you updated on anything I uncover, or manage to do to stop MO.

igetum

I want to take M as an habit, a routine which turns my mind into "zombie mode". Now according to a lesson I took in learning how to learn, a routine has four parts. The cue, which on its own is neither harmful nor helpful. The routine, which is the mode in which the brain goes into once you observe the cue and it is what matters. The reward, which is an immediate feeling of pleasure, every habit develops and continues because it rewards use. And then the belief, which gives habits power. I want to attack MO on the basis of these four parts of a routine, breaking each part, examining it and determining techniques to apply to break the routine. As part of the strategy I will be posting frequently here, on progress. I am winning this.

igetum

Meditation. That is my before bed plan for one month. It feels so relaxing. So far today I have meditated and feel a lot better, though I can not sleep.

igetum

Just put a pause to M. Though I know I need more than myself to put an end to it. I think it might have something to do with my lack of sleep.

igetum

Experiencing a bagful of emotions and moodswings. I am two days clean of M I hope I sleep early tonight i feel frustrated.

igetum

Had one of the longest nights. 6 straight hours on bed without sleep and fighting M thoughts. I did not M though and that feels like an achievement. Am meditating daily.

M

mtaha2015

I respect your stance on PMO issue.
But PMO together is not working for me.
every one is different with different mind and body.

I need sexual release after some time. And I don't even have any partner or girl.
So this time I will go for just P and P subs.
but i won't abstain from masturbation and ejaculation.

separation between two habits will make them fall.

Diesel driver

mtaha2015 said:

I need sexual release after some time. And I don't even have any partner or girl.

The sexual release is nothing to worry about. The body will take care of it by itself in form of wet dreams. I had one last night.

BunnyBoy2015

Hi igetum,

I'm intrigued by your meditation practice? What do you go about doing while meditating? Are you visualising the life you want, or something peaceful? Or are you noticing thoughts and letting them go? Whats the process?

igetum

mtaha2015 said:

It is good to try what works for you. For me MO is a route back to P I overdo M and I will be back to PMO. One golden rule is not to fantasize to P if you choose to M. For me I just want to discard all of them.

M

mtaha2015

you guys were right.
I was just swinging.

MO is just as harmful as P.
driver is right, wet dream is the natural way of releasing sexual tension.

we shouldn't worry about any thing.
go free.
go hard mode.
best of luck.

igetum

mtaha2015 said:
you guys were right.
I was just swinging.

MO is just as harmful as P.
driver is right, wet dream is the natural way of releasing sexual tension.
Hard mode is good, it has helped me a lot, especially in my first days of my reboot.

igetum

Hi mountainsummit,
I decided to stop posting here for a while after realizing that it was somehow putting some pressure in  my life. I have not MO'd for a while now, though sometimes I strongly feel like doing so. I must admit that one week before the end of my target, my MO habit led me to watch one episode of P. I really had to organize my life and restructure my strategy. Currently, I am working on my programming dream and reading "Reawaken the giant Within". I have really set out my days to be busy so that I avoid idle time.
And I noticed your question on meditation, well, I usually do the simple focusing on my breath meditation, and letting thoughts that come just float by and go without focusing too much on them. I wanted it to be a consistent one month activity but there are days when I have not been able to do so. I think I will set another goal for meditation. Thank you for your concern.

igetum

Life is more of joy and fun and living it real, that is what I have decided. All little bugs packed and discarded off. I am a free man now.