Sad to be back; Relapse

gtl923

So I was clean for over 4 months. Last week MO'd then again two days ago then yesterday and finally today PMO'd. I feel like a total fool. I've been going on dates with an amazing, beautiful woman and it's been going very well and now I'm starting to fuck it up. Gotta nip this in the bud before I ruin everything...

jstock

It's ok brother you fell off the horse,  it's ok dust yourself off and keep battling. One pmo session  in 4 months is pretty damn good. I wish I was 4 month pmo free. Just remember how good 4 months felt

W

William

gtl923 said:
So I was clean for over 4 months. Last week MO'd then again two days ago then yesterday and finally today PMO'd. I feel like a total fool. I've been going on dates with an amazing, beautiful woman and it's been going very well and now I'm starting to fuck it up. Gotta nip this in the bud before I ruin everything...

You are right.  That love of a dopamine rush never goes away, we just have to work to get it from reality, not pixels. 

jkkk

Easy bro. You didn't ruin anything. You're an addict, like all of us here.

Learn from the relapse - what you made do it?

Where you (the so-called HALT)

Hungry
Angry
Lonely
Tired?

You can take that experience as a cornerstone for your strength.

It's good you're meeting a great women. Keep doing that. Hope you can fall in love with her.

Just remember you ought to love yourself first and you shall not beat yourself up for anything.

gtl923

Thanks all for the support. I'm under an incredible amount of stress right now and I cracked under the pressure. The hard part is not letting one relapse turn into two weeks of relapse. I know I haven't gone back to day one but the urges feel much like they did when I first started.

jkkk

...which makes you understand more what the addiction is about.

This is a good thing, paradoxically. A warning light.

What's the stress you're under about?

It will be really important for you to learn to name your feelings and share them - doing it here, particularly if you have a journal is a very good idea. Make an entry day by day listing your feelings. It helps immensely. It works.