Talk the talk... but be sure to walk the walk as well

klarson27

I've been reading through forums quite a bit lately and given the prevalence of all the counters out there (I finally caved and created one) I find it interesting when I see a relatively low numbers of days without using on a person's profile and yet they're giving such good advice on how to stay clean.  I actually find that frustrating.. In my mind I'm thinking.. If you can't follow you're own advice, you're not in a position to give it.  It's kind of like a smoker lecturing kids about the dangers of smoking.

My point is.. if you're relapsing consistently and yet posting great advice to others, do yourself a favor and the next time you're feeling the adrenaline rush of getting ready to use..

Go back and read your own advice!

You may just save yourself by listening to yourself speaking from outside of the addiction. 

TeeZee

I am wary of people who give a lot of advice. An experience like this is very personal, so all one can do is say what their experience was. Anyone who says "you should..." a lot is annoying and I find to be on a big ego trip.

It reminds me of back in the day when he whole PUA movement started. There were forums full of guys telling everyone else how to pick up women, and it was all bullshit.