Walking Them No-PMO Shoes

CrowMagnum

Woke up early to attend to swimming classes. I still feel a bit despaired when it comes to catching my breath sometimes, but when I'm allowed, I go for "full shots", crossing the entire swimming pool without getting air. More than a good "explosion" exercise, this is a full contact with my survival instinct ? I have always been afraid of drowning.

Cool... meeting your survival instinct head on with something you're afraid souonds empowering.

After class, I went home and installed one of the games I bought on Steam's Summer Sale. That, alongside the fact I wasn't sleepy at all, made me go on far that night. Looking back, I could use the sleep better. Anyways, that's it.

Being well rested is more important for sure.  Easier said than done with something as compelling as gaming.  Do you find yourself staying up later than you would like often?  I've had a habit of that.  Trying to get to bed sooner and staying on a sleep schedule has helped me in the past.

LeirTheFox

Crow-Magnon said:
Being well rested is more important for sure.  Easier said than done with something as compelling as gaming.  Do you find yourself staying up later than you would like often?  I've had a habit of that.  Trying to get to bed sooner and staying on a sleep schedule has helped me in the past.

Hey Crow,

On the past two weeks I was sleeping between 23h00 to 01h00 -- a two-hour gap that was easier to fill with (P)MO. I used to replace that habit with reading a good book when in bed, but lately, the end of semester had me doing extra time in front of the computer, writing articles for my classes. I'm trying to get to bed around 23h00 everyday, but it's hard to stick to the plan. This may be easier to stabilize once I finish all my activities.

Thanks for checking me up, though.

IAdmitItIHaveAProblem said:
Hey! Long time no talk, just checking in to say hello.

Hey IAIIHAP, good to have you here. Thanks for your support. It's tough, but I'm standing strong.

[Day 6]

Up to all my experiences until yesterday, I had some cravings that I managed to sustain with a sugar snack per day. Not the best option, of course, but it helped better. Also, identifying the triggers allowed me to consciously act against them. I.e.: "I already know where it'll lead, so nah."

Also, today I socialized well with a neighbour. He was pretty cool and laidback, which made me feel very comfortable. We bonded in a very special way, which, as a matter of fact, reminded that socializing is a great tool for connecting and dealing with PMO withdrawal.

Cheers,
L.

LeirTheFox

PeaceOfMind062012 said:
Hey Leir!

Sorry I haven't posted on your journal in awhile, but I've been reading and following along! I'll post more soon :)

-Peace

Hey Peace,

Thank you so much. Your presence and feedback made all the difference to me.
Feels good to know we're not alone!

[Day 8]

Being past one week without my drug of choice is putting me on dire straits again. I try to eat healthy ? and even make do sometimes, but there are days I can't go without some sugary snack or pizza. The urges come mostly at night, before sleeping. So far, they've been manageable.

Final weeks are being tough. Time management lately have been crucial and I have so much to do on so few time it stresses me.
Also, that girl I used to date is returning to my country next weekend. I feel extremely nervous 'cause, again, I'm not sure she'll still be interested in me. I'm insecure to the point I analyze what she says to look for hints of her uninterest ? a clear signal of overthinking led by my attachment pattern. I try to cut it as soon as I caught myself doing it. That'll be only solved when we see each other.

That's it for now.

L.

redjem

Hey LeirTheFox,
Great to hear from you again buddy.
Read your latest post.  I'm waiting in eager anticipation for your next update.

Can't imagine what it must be like ...

PeaceOfMind062012

Hey Leir!!

Just checking in to see if you're still coming onto this website from time to time :)

I hope you're doing great walking in those "no PMO shoes" :)

All the best!

-Peace