At least 6 weeks out and still flatline

I have no idea what day I am on, but over a month. My wife and I have had sex twice and it was better the second time. The thing is I still can?t stay hard. It is making me crazy. So, I have decided to start a log starting tomorrow. I have a space for the date, food, PMO, and video games as these are my three dopamine addictions. I will also exercise as much as I can, that means I will force myself to exercise in my spare time. I will also focus on myself to become closer to the person I want to be. I WILL read more and go out more. I want to get out of my comfort zone. If anyone has any experience with this God forsaken flat line, please tell me about it, such as what you did to help with the frustration.

Devo22

depending on how long you have been pMOing you will need a lot more time than 6 weeks. Even for the tamest of addicts 6 weeks is not enough. You should avoid ejaculating during sex. This will throw your body into a longer flat line if you are not recovered yet. Look up karezza for more info on tips for not ejaculating during sex. All your other ideas are spot on. Good luck.

screwedup40

It's a tough process, no doubt, and everyone's experience seems to be a little different.  I'm over 300 days PMO free and can tell you it DOES get better.  In my case, I flatlined the first two months and then started to recover sexually in month three to the point I thought my PIED was cured.  Unfortunately I was wrong and hit another flatline that was pretty freakin horrible.  It lasted till about month seven or eight.  Anxiety, ED, leakage, depression, insomnia, thoughts of never recovering, it absolutely sucked.  The good news is, I'm starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel.  I'm not there yet, but I feel much better and things are finally improving on the PIED front.  As far as dealing with the flatline, I think you're on the right path with exercise. I started running and it helped ALOT in dealing with the anxiety.  So for me, it was exercise, an understanding wife, and, of course, staying away from PMO.  Stick with it and best of luck brother.

GESwho89

I experienced the "flatline" for weeks 1-7 of my recovery. I'm only on week 8 now and pretty confident I'm becoming rewired to "the real deal." My advice is to remember that what you are going through isn't your fault, it is a chemical process in the brain. Remembering that fact helped me accept and face this issue head-on. What matters is consistency and devotion, which anybody on this forum has demonstrated that they are clearly capable of that. As everybody else has said, it will pass. Stay committed, and stay focused on the future! If it helps, set your goals out further. We all want to be "fixed" tomorrow, a week from today, etc. Focus on longer time-spans and celebrate the little victories along the way, while shrugging off the defeats.