Recent content by equinox-ps

1. E

The betrayer has become the betrayed

Communication has been great since I finally started getting my life together. That said, open communication and good behavior just isn't enough to right the wrongs I've made. Unfortunately, it seems too little too late. It seems I've caused too much emotional trauma in my marriage and divorce...
  2. E

The betrayer has become the betrayed

I betrayed my wife by with porography for years, getting caught twice. She gave me a final chance about a year ago and I've been steadfast in recovery and clean every day since then. Unfortunately, it appears I may have been too late. Today, I found out that my wife was having an emotional...
  3. E

200 Days Clean and Counting

It's been about a week and a half and I'm glad to say that things have improved between my wife and I. Less fighting, more intimacy, sleeping in the same bed again. Our relationship has been an absolute rollercoaster for the past 7 months. I try to step back and look at overall trajectory, and I...
  4. E

Thank you very much for sharing your experience and suggestions with me - I'm glad to hear things worked out for you and your life has moved in a positive direction. That gives me some degree of hope in a time when there's virtually none. Like yours, I think my wife is also a reasonable and...
  5. E

Thanks for the words of encouragement and your suggestions. I haven't been particularly great at speaking her love languages in the past (which seems to be the general concepts in the vid you shared), but it is something that's been a big priority for me lately. I know the little things go a...
  6. E

The purpose of this thread is a document of my experience for the past 200 days (and beyond as time goes by), which is the amount of time that has passed since my wife discovered I was using again. Much emphasis will be placed on the relational healing (or lack thereof), because I feel that's...
  7. E

Pressure and lack of support from partner

Thanks for the suggestions. We've tried things like this before and sometimes they make her happy, but sometimes she just wants to have successful sex, which I understand. I'll keep doing whatever I can to at least show her that I care about her feelings and needs. I also understand how...
  8. E

Thanks for your words of encouragement. I'm all in on recovery, regardless of the outcome.
  9. E

I've been PM free for over 4 months now in my second real attempt at quitting over a span of 20 years of use. I've had zero slip ups, have been seeing two counselors per week, been training, dieting and spending more time on positive things like family or hobbies. My wife has made it pretty...