A new beginning

pichaelthompson

So it's been an interesting past few days. For the last 2 days, my friends have been ghosting me, and then I see them hanging out on Snapchat which really hit me hard. But instead of holding it in and being negative about it like I have done in the past, I texted them and asked them to tell me the truth as to why they won't hit me up when they hang. One friend said that he thinks I don't ever want to do anything (due to me rejecting him sometimes last year + he knows money is tight for me so he doesn't want to make me feel uncomfortable when they go out) and another feels like I have been taking advantage of him giving me rides (picking me up from my place bc I don't have a car) and am always the one to take food/drink or whatever rather than provide it. I've honestly never had any problems like this with my other friends before, so it was definitely shocking to hear. I told them I'm definitely down to hang alot more this year and promised to provide more food/drink and uber/bus more if I have to. But part of me feels like they didn't recognize the effort I put into trying to hang with them last year as I asked them multiple times and they almost always ghosted me. I guess I have a lingering feeling of resentment that's not healthy because we made up and everything's good, so this is something I can let go of and move forward.

BlueHeronFan

Respected Member
Yeah, that's tough, but it sounds like you're thinking through it and acting on it in a good way. I'm definitely a person to hold in my resentment rather than actually work things out.

Just keep on doing what you're doing. I guarantee you're making more progress than it sometimes feels like.

pichaelthompson

Thanks, man. While I haven?t felt like I made much progress recently, just knowing that I?ve been letting urges come and go is enough. Pretty busy last few days, really looking forward to this weekend!

BlueHeronFan

Respected Member
Yeah, that's huge. Developing a capacity to let the urges come and go without messing you up is huge. I'm super happy for you that you're experiencing that.

Have a great weekend!

pichaelthompson

Man, this week has been crazy busy. Rehearsals, practicing for an audition, class, homework, working out...even putting myself out there more and hanging out with people. I think partly I had the mindset of "well this year can't be any worse than last so fuck it" and I started to care less about how I am around people, and it's given me some nice confidence. Obviously, there's a long way to go, and not everything is great all the time, especially with stress levels and lingering insomnia, but I haven't felt this positive in grad school maybe since the 1st week of last year lol

Triggers are less and less, especially as I spend less time on electronics, and when I do it's mostly some music or a dabble in Netflix or youtube, nothing close to what I was doing before. I think its important to find the right balance of things in life, and be willing to change or break habits if things aren't going your way for a while. I've been talking to a girl, and we've been trying to schedule a time to meet but it's been crazy busy for both of us so it looks like it won't happen until a couple weeks from now :( But atleast there's something to look forward to....PMO be gone!

BlueHeronFan

Respected Member
Awesome report!  Grad school is crazy busy. I feel you on that one.

But it's awesome that you're feeling better about things and that the urges and triggers are diminishing! And you have potential plans with a girl, also great!

Enjoy your weekend and keep on doing what you're doing!