For a life worth living

AJ7

I’m going to experiment with not counting days. Lately, I’ve had this all or nothing mindset after I slip up where I let bingeing occur due to feeling defeated. I’m wanting to shift my perspective to one of learning to process urges and emotions and not focusing on the number so much.

AJ7

Did some nature exploring today which was good for the soul. I’ve noticed a few urges and fantasies pop up but I’m reminding myself to not fear them.

AJ7

Day 3

Hey @EarthWalker, yes it is! His words resonate deeply with me. I always find improvement in my perspective towards life when I read or listen to things he and other stoics have written. I’m glad you’re finding it helpful! If you’re interested, and haven’t checked it out yet, the Daily Stoic podcast with Ryan Holiday is really good where he puts his modern take on stoicism. Have a good day 🙏

EarthWalker

Respected Member
Day 3

Hey @EarthWalker, yes it is! His words resonate deeply with me. I always find improvement in my perspective towards life when I read or listen to things he and other stoics have written. I’m glad you’re finding it helpful! If you’re interested, and haven’t checked it out yet, the Daily Stoic podcast with Ryan Holiday is really good where he puts his modern take on stoicism. Have a good day 🙏
Ha, talk about RH, I bought his Discipline is Destiny book yesterday. Thanks for the reminder about the podcast. I am aware of it but never really listened to it.

Onwards and upwards. Have a good day.