A second chance

Trisquel

Hi guys!

I was posting previusly on the trheath "A long time due battle that I need to stop ignoring", but I have decided to start a new journal for several reasons.

The first one is that I have just had a relapse. I have been having some relapses latetly and it made me think that I haven't actually quit P, I just changed how often I was relapsing (once every month or every two months, more or less).

I want to start all over again since I feel I'm back at square one. Still, I have learned some things about this addiction along the way, and I have made some progress, but I want to commit all over again to quiting this addiction, to make a fresh start.

I'm also begining university in a different country next week.
I have been spending two weeks at home to rest and recover from the fuzz of this year, and it feels like a new chapter in my life is begining. I want to commit to my life, to beeing healthy and to become what I want to become. That's why I want to commit again to quiting this addiction.

I have also learned that I use P and P subtitutes as a way to cope with emotional pain. It is a thing I have been struggling with since ever, but I have never actually adressed it properly. I'm going to start seeing a new psychologist soon, and maybe it will help me to tackle this issue.

It feels like a new begining in many ways. I come from a very dark place, and this new chapter feels like a second chance at life. I want to be strong and wit enough as to grab this change and not let it pass before my eyes. I don't want to trhow this chance away by continuing beeing addictied to P and P subtitutes. I'm awfully aware that I have trhown away my teenage years to the trashcan, and I don't want to do the same with the few years of youth I still have. I'm terrified at that possibility.

Overall, I want to commit to myself, to grow a healthy life and to have a healthy and happy life. For me, that means betting on my self, on my edducation, on my social and mental recovery, and on leaving this dirty addiction behind.
This also means I commit to rewiring, to find the taste of real life again. to finding people in my life that make me good, to make good to the people I love and to fill my time with activities that fullfill me (education, music, social events, sports, art).
It sounds too idealistic, haha, I only want to be connected with real life, with real people, and with activities I enjoy.

So, I commit to no P, no subtitues and no fantasies. I will be specially carefull with fantasies, and I will be extra carefull in the mornign and when going to sleep, since these are my most vulnerable moments.
For me, P subtitues include: scrolling in social media, compulsive use of food, fantasies, and compulsive use of internet/videogames.
I'm commiting to not using youtube or instagram on my phone.

I know I will have some urges due to chasser effect, so can mentally prepare for that in the following weeks. If I predict I will have a lot of urges and fantasies in the following days it will be not so much of a problem.

I like the idea that I read in the post of @the_mountain_goat , that one should feel happy and joyfull when quitting P, becaus it means that you don't need to go back to it ever again. I also means that you are trhowing away something that severely damages you, and gaining a lot in retun.

I would like to make a solem vow not to ever use P or P subtitues again.
It's been a destructive force in my life since I was a little kid, and it has severly damaged my social life. I'm afraid I'm going to waste more time on this crap.
On the other hand, I can gain a lot by commiting to real life and by letting this addiction behind (connect wiht real people, for example, have more energy in my life and have more joy in beeing social and working in my projects).
I want to leave this destructive force behind and embrace what life has of good for me.
This is why I'm making this vow not to ever use P subtitues again.
I know It is not going to be easy, but I also know it is going to be worth it.

That's all for all, I will be back very soon.
See you!

Last edited:

Trisquel

Hello!

I've been having some urges, as predicted, but nothing I couldn't handle.

I was using YouTube on my phone in the morning for a little while, but I blocked it after that. It will remain blocked, at least until monday.
I think I was using YouTube because I wanted to evade myself from some difficult feelings I had, and from a difficult talk I wanted to have with my family.

In the end the talk went fine, I felt relieved and we could just continue with our day. I didn't want to use YouTube after that.

Today I've came back to the country I'm living now, next week my new university starts.

See you later!

Trisquel

Hello guys.

I'm at a vert dark spot right now, with a lot of anxiety and dark exploiting feelings.

Still, I wanted to post to make my commitment to using no P nor P subtitues, this doesn't change the fact that I'm committing to my recovery.
I'm happy to say I haven't use any of those these days.

Hanging in there
See you guys soon.

Regards,
Trisquel.

Androg

Administrator
Admin
Hello guys.

I'm at a vert dark spot right now, with a lot of anxiety and dark exploiting feelings.

Still, I wanted to post to make my commitment to using no P nor P subtitues, this doesn't change the fact that I'm committing to my recovery.
I'm happy to say I haven't use any of those these days.

Hanging in there
See you guys soon.

Regards,
Trisquel.
I think it’s normal to feel a bit stressed at the beginning of a term. Stay busy, and socialize even when you don’t feel like it.

Trisquel

Hey guys.

I survived this dark streak. Still a bit weak, but I was able to rest and I had a couple of good days.

I'm glad I'm going to start therapy soon.
I'm trying to take good care of my rest and to take things slowly.

I commit to one fay of no P, no subtitues and no fantasies.
It's time to get completely rid of this crap, ZERO TOLERANCE!

I was able to get rid easily of some fantasies this morning.

See you guys next time

TypeN

I hope you feel better Trisquel! This is a big moment for you what with starting college, but I think it has the potential to be something really special if you can stick with this commitment. Good energy attracts good energy and I suspect making new connections with your fellow students could help you a lot with your mood and with sobriety.

Take care my man.

Trisquel

I hope you feel better Trisquel! This is a big moment for you what with starting college, but I think it has the potential to be something really special if you can stick with this commitment. Good energy attracts good energy and I suspect making new connections with your fellow students could help you a lot with your mood and with sobriety.

Take care my man.
Thanks man!
I think you are completely right!

Trisquel

Hi guys!

I commit to one full day of no P, no fantasies and no subtitues!
I have to be specially careful with fantasies, as that is my weak point!
I will be specially careful before and after going to sleep, my most vulnerable moments.

I'm keeping my subtitues at check so far (food, and social media) still not perfect, but I have them more under control than before.
I want to continue that tendency so I don't relly anymore on those subtitues at all.

For the moment I'm committing to not using YouTube on my phonw and not buying more junk food.
For the moment that's enough.

ZERO TOLERANCE!! LET'S GET RID OF THIS CRAP! I'M SO SICK OF CARRYING THIS BURDEN AROUND, LET'S GET RID OF IT!

see you later guys

Trisquel

Hey guys

Today I was confronted with some fantasies when I woke up, but ai was able to stay away from them.
I have to remind myself to stay away from them, they are very dangerous and harmfull.

Anyway,

I commit to one full day of no P, no fantasies and no subtitues. I just won't use them through the day.

See you later guys, it's time to get rid of this crap!

Trisquel

Hello guys!!

I had a very pleasant days where my sister was visiting me. I'm also happy because my appointmet with the psycohologist went pretty well, and things seems to be going smoothly now for me.

Anyway, I have been having some fantasies and urges lately. I'm here to reminf myself not to lowwer my guard. On the contrary, now it's the time to be extra carefull, to be disciplined and to cast this crap away from me with all my strength. I now how destrictive P can be on my life and how easy it can be to slip up. Not this time!

I commit to one day of no P, no subtitues and no fantasies. Specially no fantasies, specially when laying in bed.

See you later, guys!

Trisquel.

Trisquel

Alright guys,

I commit to one day of no fantasies, no subtitues and no P.
Specially in the morning and in the evening, when laying on bed.
I will lit special care in fantasies, as it's quite easy to slip into them.
I will also not use youtube or Instagram in my phone.

I believe that's all for today!
I'm kinda tired and there are a lot of things to do today, but it should be fine. Busy period now.

See you later guys.

Trisquel

Hi guys.

These days have been stressful and I've had some anxiety today. Meeting new people is always a stuggle for me, and I'm afraid I'm not going do integrate with anyone here.

Anyways, I know that's not likely to happen, and that I"m just an anxious person, that's all.
My family came to visit me today and I'm going to spend the rest of my day with them, I'm glad I got the chance to do so.

I commit to one day of no P, no subtitues and no fantasies. I will be specially careful in the morning and when waking up.

I will also not look at youtube or at instagram in my phone. I have problems committing to this rule, but I think that if I stick to it, it will be very beneficial. I will do an experiment: I will try to be strict with it for 2 days and see what happens.

That's all for all,
See you later guys.

Trisquel

Hello guys.

I have been struggling with a lot of fantasies and M to those fantasies in the mornigs. After a few min, however, I was able to say "NO, wtf, this is not what I want with my life", and stop.
I have to be very careful with it and stop beeing indulgent. I just can't afford to do that bullshit anymore. I will be more strict with myself in the mornings, no is no. These activities damage me and drain my energy, so I'm not going to make them anymore, and that's everything there's to say about it.

I commit to one day of no P, no M, no subtitues and no Fantasies. Specially when going to sleep or when waking up.
See you guys next time.

PS:
16 days P-free.