Things were going so well.

Phineas 808

Staff member
I am going to work on a lot of things while I am in the UK. Hopefully come back a much better person since the last few years I feel like I have lost my identity as a person.

Definitely! This troublesome addiction is only a small part of who you are. It's imposed itself, so to speak, on your marriage in a big way, but in the overall story of your life, it has but a small part.

Healthy to see yourself as separate from this habit.

So today has been a bit of a emotional day for me, for reasons unknown I had a horrible breakdown of guilt, sadness and memories. I had a therapy session and it was very deep. I am still processing it myself but I will be writing more about it very soon.

GBS

Respected Member
Hi @Dangermouse - I know extremely well what it is to feel judged. We all judge, right? It’s what human beings, luckily, are capable of. I realise you possibly meant something more sinister. I, too, know what that is like. We have to suck it up. We have to prove we are good men now. It is hard but eventually when we have supplied the evidence it won’t be so easy to be judged in a harsh way. That’s what lies ahead. You, mate, can do it.

The UK, where I love, looks forward to your arrival!

Well today I actually got to talk and have dialect with my wife but after some hours we began to get more and more frustrated which ended in a huge arguement, she decided to leave to her parents leaving me alone at home.

I finally got my ticket to the UK with some nervousness but hey it is done now. So be heading there on the 20th April. I need to be able to work on myself and get some support from my own family. I feel at the moment I cannot work on myself with so much negative energies around.

Reactions: GBS
Well something good happened and then a big negative bringing myself and partner closer. I have a friend visiting from the UK and he has been very helpful to talk to. After talking with him I feel so much carmer which is huge relief and my wife has noticed as well, still having no urges or obtrusive thoughts about this crap. We actual to be intimate and spoke so openly about everything, but like our life one positive things suddenly gets taken over by a negative things where her uncle gets rushed to hospital and now needs a surgery. Strangely enough these situations happen a lot and we always seem to get supportive and start to work as a team to solve external problems. Anyway for some days things have been good between us and that is exactly what I hoped, I will be travelling to the UK this Saturday to work a lot more on myself with my family and I am going to be a stronger, more confident person which no stupid baggage like addiction.