My journey

Rockit

Do YOU consider it a relapse? If so, reset the counter.

If you're not sure... take some time, and decide.

The streak/counter doesn't matter. You've learned that arguments + liquor = huge threat to your reboot. Thankfully, I don't drink. Otherwise I'd have relapsed already.

benhj

I find the inner addict is very good at bullshitting us and telling us we're ok, we're not addicts, a little look here and there won't hurt anyone etc.. I've come to believe that this is part of its ploy because it secretly realises that actually, we're not ok at all.

F

fightforlife

Yeah, it?s kind of a rollercoaster sometimes.
But you must not give up. You made it very far. You have a happy life ahead it sounds to me.

F

fightforlife

Oh man, sorry to hear.
But you made some tremendous progress and one progress won?t set you back to zero, so get back on the horse!
We?re here to support you.
Glad to hear that your wife is so supportive.

Rockit

I hear you. We just need to remember the streak isn't what matters. It is one day at a time. In the last 35 days, you have PMO'd once. That's really good. This streak thing is dangerous. After all, aren't we aiming for "a forever streak" eventually?

I just hope you'll keep posting on here daily when you're struggling and when you are doing well. You now know you can succeed for long periods of time. Time to start again.

benhj

Don't focus on anything man. Just be. I find that when I focus on shit I think about it. If I focus on fighting my addiction, guess what, I lose my abstinence.

fapfreezone

tbriana01 said:
i had a good streak going, and the thought of giving that up and admitting i slipped up was hard for me to swallow.

I thought this when I broke my 47 day streak, but then I thought, well, those tick marks still look pretty good! This helped me avoid excessive relapse, which is why I'm now back on 19 days.

F

fightforlife

Don?t let them worres keep you up at night.
Enjoy the good things in life,
worship every moment with your wife.
Somehow everything will be alright.

benhj

Hey tbriana01, I totally relate to the addict tricking us. It tricked me fairly recently. Its very good at doing that.. Don't give in, at least, don't give in today!