A Peon No More

Promise

19 days later I did it again.  Same thing, didn't fap, but damn.  I feel so weak and foolish, what a silly thing to do.  I didn't even get anything out of it.  Sigh.  What do I tell my girlfriend?  I don't want to upset her again :(

Hablablos

Hello Promise,

Once more I'll ask you some annoying questions:

Why do want to recover from addiction? I know it sounds a silly question, but reason for that is simple. Because your mind will play many tricks on you, you need to know exactly why are you doing this. And the best thing you can do is to write these reasons somewhere to have them as a reminder.

Who do you want to become as a person? Or who you don't want to become?

What hobbies or activities do you or need to do in order to become that person?

Promise

Sorry for the no reply, Hablablos, it was a busy time!

I know I'm a lot more happy and content when I abstain, I feel the urge to fall back on old bad habits when I'm stressed!  As you can see from my counter, I've been doing pretty well until recently.  Although I wouldn't call it a fall blown relapse, I've had a few cravings recently and started casually browsing some sites where I knew there would be untoward content.  It has effected me though, I've felt the cravings amplify.  I know I can resist though, as I have done pretty well, and I know there's good reason to resist too, because it makes me far more content.

I need a little extra strength and resilience for the next few weeks though.  The biggest reason not to cave in is my wonderful girlfriend, and the hurt it would bring her if I relapsed.  I find it so hard to tell her of these things, I know it upsets her.  But our relationship is going well, and why on earth would I sabotage that with these stupid acts!?

Hablablos

Don't worry about me.
But our relationship is going well, and why on earth would I sabotage that with these stupid acts!?

This is actually a good question that you should try to answer for yourself. You might find some reasons for that.