Reboot or perish!

kook__

Hey guys,

same story as most of you here. 22yo med student currently single. Discovered P in 10 years when we got dial-up internet installed. After that been using there then which had definitely some effect on me. My problems got huge in last high school year due to very bad low calories diet as the result of my unsatisfaction of working out and no good results in return like other guys had. Add some chronic tiredness, relationship problems, demotivation and unability to concentrate and my use of PMO escalated to almost daily. Now I see, that all of these aspects were combined and one supported another. First time realized having quite a problem two years later, during hard exam season while been longer time without PMO, found about this website and more importantly that I am not alone :) Since then there have been lots ups and downs with longest streak about three months, few relapses per week on the other side and I feel that now is the right time to start tracking my thoughts and progress. Luckily, not having much physical problems as PIED or headaches, rather anxiety and low motivation. Wanna be as productive and useful for my family, friends, patients and future partner as I can so thats why I am decided to start hardmode again. Also trying to get more fit as I don't feel very satisfied with my physical self because of overeating and lack of excercise in past thanks to some bad diet habits and finally PMO. Learning the guitar little bit and German are also my minigoals in the next few months.

Well today I hit crossfit gym, studied a little and feeling very encouraged by journals I read.

Thank you all for your braveness when sharing stories and supportive words to each other :)

Keep strong! :)

kook__

DAY 5

Good day today, bunch of journals read instead of textbooks haha :D nevermind, well spent time though :) went to lunch with my brother, 1km in pool in the afternoon and now going to watch some movie, any suggestion? :)
feelin just a little bit anxious after the lunch. however that is a familiar thing to me for a long time. I suppose it is because of my usual time of PMO in the past when after coming home from the school and lunch there was only one thing on my mind. I know it will pass so not worried.

kook__

DAY 6

Wet dream after a long time, 4,5km run and very nice evening with my family celebrating my brothers high school graduation. However my studying can't just wait any longer so moving back to dorm where Im always little bit more occupied. No urges though, kind of flatlined :)

kook__

DAY 7

Half of the day spent in train, went to church and studied a little. Getting little nervous about exam I have in two and a half weeks and other work is piling up too. This was the ideal feeling for PMO but never more :)

kook__

DAY 8

Anxious and nervous aaall day :( Exam in the morning didnt go very well so I want to redo it next week for better grade. In the afternoon spent few hours by sleeping, watching youtube, scrolling FB, everything but being productive. Then my roomate came so we watched tv show, played some games and I managed to study a little. Today from the morning with books and we want to go swimming later. Hope this one is gonna be better!:)

Hang in there guys:)

Hi K_, I've enjoyed reading your journal so far.

You look very determined to succeed, I think it's gonna go well.

The temptation to PMO will be huge before the exams, but you CAN NOT relapse. If you relapse after 3 weeks, you'll be hit by some impressive braing fog that will keep you from thinking straight and study.

Good luck, be strong !

kook__

Conquistador said:
Hi K_, I've enjoyed reading your journal so far.

You look very determined to succeed, I think it's gonna go well.

The temptation to PMO will be huge before the exams, but you CAN NOT relapse. If you relapse after 3 weeks, you'll be hit by some impressive braing fog that will keep you from thinking straight and study.

Good luck, be strong !

Thank you for your encouraging words :)

Brain fog is fortunately not so much of an issue for me anymore, rather anxiety takes me away from books. You are absolutely right though, that PMO in stressful times makes the situation only worse.

DAY 9

Finally managed to study enough time during the day. In the afternoon feelin motivated and broke my personal record in swimming (1,5km in 60 minutes). After that had dinner with girl friend (not girlfriend:) ) of mine, we watched Champions league final together, cuddled and talked until late night. We are very close to each other but still not sure if I'm the relationship guy right now. Don't wanna hurt her. We'll see :)

kook__

DAY 10

Woke up later and quite nervous. Missing good sleep but bad nights are for me in first days of reboot quite common. Afternoon was in the same mood as morning so went to church and got a little peace. Then went through really hard exam questions so few rocks are off my shoulders :)

Keep strong guys :)

kook__

DAY 11

Half of the day in operating room, another studying hard. Feelin good and no anxiety though :)

kook__

Thanks for your kind words Muhammad :)

DAY 12

Played squash with friends for two hours (and won yaay :D), went to good earned lunch. Then got mail that I didn't get the grant money I was applying for my summer internship so few hours I was looking up another possibilites, hope it will go well :) Studied a bit and spent (too) much time reading Humans of ... pages :D Still kinda flatline feelin especially in my jr. but it is getting better :)

Have a nice day guys! :)

kook__

DAY 13

Got B+ from resit of last weeks exam, to be honest I am glad that it's behind me :) Did some work on the cardio paper we are working with my colleagues on and studied for exam. Two weeks to go. Not very much of a successful day but tomorrow is another one. Also nice story happened when I helped a stranger girl neigbour with groceries, we chatted, introduced each other and I got few smiles and good feelin as reward :)

Stay strong! :)

-Dave-

Hey there, just by reading that you're a med student makes me like you; I love the subject and it's going to be a part of my future career.
But anyway, you're already basically at two weeks, and in my experience past that point things tend to become a little bit better, but of course it's a very subjective thing so take it with a grain of salt.

Got B+ from resit of last weeks exam, to be honest I am glad that it's behind me :) Did some work on the cardio paper we are working with my colleagues on and studied for exam. Two weeks to go. Not very much of a successful day but tomorrow is another one. Also nice story happened when I helped a stranger girl neigbour with groceries, we chatted, introduced each other and I got few smiles and good feelin as reward :)
Oh nice one, keep this episode of an example of things to come; getting back on track and working to become the better version of yourself is the biggest thing you could do for yourself and anyone around you too, stay strong ;)

-Dave-

kook__

Hi Dave, I appreciate your comment very much :)

Personally, around three weeks base I am getting out of flatline and hornier every day. The longer I stay away from P the habit gets weaker though so another attempt to find the right ballance is ahead of me :)

kook__

DAY 15

Finally got some good sleep without stress and palpitations after waking up. Went to really cute friend dentist. First time at her I didn't even want to leave the chair haha :D Studied for rest of the day and fulfilled the plan :) Went to sleep little late; my roomate and FIFA are the reasons :D

Enoy the day guys! :)

kook__

DAY 16

Woke up little later and didn't do much. Lunch, Rocky I and books; thats what my whole day was about. Still no MW but good peaceful sleep though:)

Hope you guys are doing great :)

kook__

DAY 17

Not so much to say. Focused on studying, went to church and swimming where exchanged some smiles with pretty girl in next track :) 
Cant wait for exam period to end but that will also mean more free time and all of us know that is one huuge risk factor. Nevermind, gotta stay on the track :)

Peace to you! :)