"Hard Mode" is the best "Mod"

BlueHeronFan

Respected Member
Sorry to hear about it, but that's a great thing to be aware of. It's not just about quitting PMO but about healing an addiction. I think we'll only really improve when we start addressing the the real reasons for our addictions.

Keep peeling back the layers and taking your life back. Relapse or not, everything you learn is progress!

Fappy

Respected Member
So its obvious that alcohol is the trigger for fapping. Alcohol is great, but as it lowers inhibtions and common sense, its deadly when it comes to abstaining from PMO. Just remember, youre only a few drinks away from a PMO fap-for-all meltdown!

L

Lero

BlueHeronFan said:
Sorry to hear about it, but that's a great thing to be aware of. It's not just about quitting PMO but about healing an addiction. I think we'll only really improve when we start addressing the the real reasons for our addictions.

Keep peeling back the layers and taking your life back. Relapse or not, everything you learn is progress!

Thanks, man. Thanks for your constant support.

L

Lero

Reformed Fapper said:
So its obvious that alcohol is the trigger for fapping. Alcohol is great, but as it lowers inhibtions and common sense, its deadly when it comes to abstaining from PMO. Just remember, youre only a few drinks away from a PMO fap-for-all meltdown!

It's clear that alcohol has been the most detrimental. Recently, I only binged because of it, while being drunk but also when I sobered up and had anxiety, because alcohol increases my anxiety. I gotta stop sabotaging myself with this.

L

Lero

May 31

Urges: 0/10
Relapses: 0

The binge from yesterday left me drained but it's good. I have absolutely no urges and no mood to PMO which is great for now.

BlueHeronFan

Respected Member
Lero said:
Thanks, man. Thanks for your constant support.

Hey, that's what I'm here for. I've heard before that isolation and addiction run together, so I feel like building connections of support is an important way to fight this thing!

L

Lero

June 2

Urges: 2/10

Some urges this time but nothing I couldn't handle.

pichaelthompson

Nice! I kind of start my day telling myself to expect urges throughout the day, so when it happens I feel more prepared and when they don't arise much on some lucky days I feel pleasantly surprised. Keep it up!

L

Lero

pichaelthompson said:
Nice! I kind of start my day telling myself to expect urges throughout the day, so when it happens I feel more prepared and when they don't arise much on some lucky days I feel pleasantly surprised. Keep it up!

It's important not to be surprised by the urges. You know that urges will eventually come, maybe not today, maybe tomorrow but we cannot quit P without urges. Preparation in advance is very important. "What will I do if urges start?" That's a good question. I'm not an expert at this so I'll try to do what other people have suggested, for now. 

BlueHeronFan

Respected Member
Yeah, that's a great point. I used to think that my recovery wasn't working if I still had urges, so I'd give up whenever they came. That's obviously not true, so it has been helpful for me think that I will experience urges. The failure isn't having them. The failure is giving in.

L

Lero

BlueHeronFan said:
Yeah, that's a great point. I used to think that my recovery wasn't working if I still had urges, so I'd give up whenever they came. That's obviously not true, so it has been helpful for me think that I will experience urges. The failure isn't having them. The failure is giving in.

That's why knowledge is so important. Like this, you find out what you could experience. Having urges doesn't mean that the recovery is not going well. It's actually the opposite. It's withdrawal. Every addiction has withdrawal. P withdrawal includes urges. After the withdrawal we will see the light.

L

Lero

June 3

Urges: 2/10
Relapses: 5

Don't ask me how this was possible.

My mood and energy are bad.

L

Lero

June 4

Urges: 0/10

I feel the same as yesterday: Low energy and bad mood.

I am going to start another job this month.

J

J01

Looks like you are making improvements in both your professional (new job) and personal realms.  Keep up the good work and keep the big picture in mind and don't forget that feelings come and go and aren't always a good guide.  Stay the course and best wishes to you.   

L

Lero

jixu said:
Looks like you are making improvements in both your professional (new job) and personal realms.  Keep up the good work and keep the big picture in mind and don't forget that feelings come and go and aren't always a good guide.  Stay the course and best wishes to you. 

Thanks, man. I try to focus on my life because focusing too much on P is thinking about P. I need to get rid of that from my mind. I'm changing my job this month, I hope it's a better job. I always try to find better jobs, not exactly in terms of salary because my number one priority is atmosphere. A job that drives me crazy can pay me 100.000 $ a month and I will still be angry and unhappy.

L

Lero

Small steps still move me forward. I don't have to take big steps if I can't right now. Slow, steady progress is what I need because I've tried to bite more than I could chew in the past and it has backfired. I am aware that I couldn't go a month without P at this moment. What I need to do is reduce the damage done to my brain = Less PMOs. No binges will naturally make me PMO less. A month has 30 or 31 days (except February). If I PMO-ed once everyday, that would be 30 or 31 PMOs. No more than that. Now think about binges. I could easily exceed that. So I guess a first step would be quitting binges. And as I haven't PMO-ed everyday anymore for years and only with days in between, no binges would mean under 10 PMOs in a month! This would be outstanding! I used to do it between 20-30 times a month. Before that, it was more than 100 times. Next goal is to reduce even further and accommodate the brain with less. I will, eventually, reach 0 one day. Small steps, man. I don't need to rush it. I've trained myself to have patience and trust the plan. I have a goal and I work toward accomplishing it. One day this plan is going to change me.

BlueHeronFan

Respected Member
All progress is progress, and even small steps count. It can be frustrating that this recovery can take so much time, but it sort of makes sense. How many years have you been deep into PMO? I know I've been tied up in it for very long time, so why would I think I could untangle myself in a few weeks? It doesn't make sense.

It used to be all I could do to get through a single day without PMO. But I've been working at it for a few years now, and I'm working on going through a few months at a time without a binge. Healing takes effort and determination, but it also takes time. So just keep on going, and don't let the slow progress sometimes get you too down.

L

Lero

BlueHeronFan said:
All progress is progress, and even small steps count. It can be frustrating that this recovery can take so much time, but it sort of makes sense. How many years have you been deep into PMO? I know I've been tied up in it for very long time, so why would I think I could untangle myself in a few weeks? It doesn't make sense.

Of course, man. I don't expect to stop being addicted overnight. Fortunately, it won't really take years but a number of months I guess it's inevitable and obvious. Think about it, I think I've been PMO-ing for 15 years. It's like when you have 220 pounds. It takes time to get to 154 or whatever. That's why I like to look at it like a plan, like training for a boxing match. If I do the right things for a number of months, I will hopefully be done with it. But, the situation when I won't be done with it could happen too but I feel like I've come a long way. I know a lot more than back then so I should do better now.

It used to be all I could do to get through a single day without PMO. But I've been working at it for a few years now, and I'm working on going through a few months at a time without a binge. Healing takes effort and determination, but it also takes time. So just keep on going, and don't let the slow progress sometimes get you too down.

Man, I remember when going a day without PMO was the hardest thing ever but I've done it. The idea is we can do it, this is not impossible. Maybe it seemed more impossible back then to end a day without PMO than it seems now to end a month. Many guys make the mistake of not recognizing the progress, which it's understandable because, without knowledge, you wouldn't know. But think about it: Until my early 20's I binged everyday, so that's more than 100 PMOs in a month. Then I've reduced it to 20-30 times a month. You can't say this is not progress. It's less damage to the brain. It's like when you hit your finger with the hammer. Hitting it 100 times vs hitting it 20 times makes a big difference. We, sometimes, are not aware of the damage we do to ourselves psychologically. If it's not physical, it doesn't mean we are not wounded. But yes, it takes time and patience. After years of still not being free, it could get frustrated but we must remember that we've come a long way. We haven't been wasting the time. Sometimes it really takes years but we must not call it failure. It's not failure. It's like training judo, for example. For years you are beaten by other guys, more experienced than you. But you are not a failure, you just need time to learn. After you learn, those guys stop beating you. That's the attitude we must have with this fight. We didn't fail a few years, we trained and learned things.