For a life worth living

AJ7

Day 10

maybe a slight step towards maturing emotionally - made a couple mistakes at work last week. In the past, these mistakes would have led me to a lot of negative self talk and eventually relapsing which would have made me feel even worse. This time around I’m not beating myself up too much. I’m still a little aggravated but overall my thinking is “what more can I do then just learn from the situation and do better for next time?” Also, why spend a lot of time in a negative state when in the grand scheme of things, it really doesn’t matter too much at all.

AJ7

Day 11

Nice job @AJ7. I know for myself, this has been one of the contributing factors in my continuing success is just learning how to be a functional adult and just deal with my emotions instead of running off to make it even worse! ;)

Best brother!
@Blondie thank you brother 🙏. I can see that being the case for sure. No more just throwing some pmo at our emotions to delay or repress them. Excited to continue to see improvements in this area.

AJ7

Day 16

It would have been a typical relapse scenario for me on days like these in the past where I can finally relax after a long work week. The thing is I don’t want to buy into the lie that pmo will help me relax or feel better like I have time and time again.. I want to be free, I want to take a new path.

AJ7

Day 17

Excited to report a victory today after yesterdays uneasy feelings.

“You can never get enough of what you don't need, because what you don't need won't satisfy you”

- Dallin H. Oaks

Brutus

Dallin H. Oaks is a member of my church! Whenever he talks you can tell how wise and kind he is. That's a great quote, I haven't heard it before.

Reactions: AJ7

AJ7

Day 18

Dallin H. Oaks is a member of my church! Whenever he talks you can tell how wise and kind he is. That's a great quote, I haven't heard it before.
Seems like a smart guy! I read that quote in a book awhile back and it makes more and more sense every day.

AJ7

@Blondie thanks for checking in brother, I’ve been better. Ready to take some steps in the right direction.

Day 0

Been in a low spot for awhile now. I think it started a few weeks ago when I started trying this powder called Kava. It has a relaxing component to it but I have been overdoing it every day and as a result, I fell off my workout routine and lost a lot of motivation. I will be cutting out the kava and pick up the workout routine again. As well as setting up boundaries and staying connected here.